6gb or 8gb OnePlus 5?

antheocy

Dec 23, 2015
Visit site
8GB Ram and 128GB storage is for sure the better and wiser option for various reasons :
faster , smoother performance and operation
better value for money
more space for apps,photos and updates

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6gb or 8gb

I encode some movies and then I copy them on my phone. I like to have a choice, so I have quite a few of them on the phone. I also like to listen to music, but not using Spotify & Cie, this doesn't work in the subway. And I have a few hundreds of pictures as well. Basic, really basic use of a phone. So yes, 64GB is the bare minimum now. 128GB is best.
Once again, this is a really basic use of a phone, IMHO.

Yes. This is what makes it an individual decision. If you have lots of video, audio, and photo on your phone, more RAM is better (but SD card is the best!). If you mostly stream and use cloud services, lower RAM is fine.

NathanDuarte

Feb 9, 2016
Visit site

Considering the OnePlus 5 doesn't have expandable storage... I'd say the 8GB of RAM version with 128GB of internal storage is a no-brainer.

Ahmedthegeek

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

If you can spend some extra bucks then i would recommend you to buy the 8gb version as it has more storage and 2gb extra ram it may be more performing than 6gb one

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Don't you have to download from the cloud to use whatever file it is?

You use the cloud to upload photos and videos, like with Google Photos. And when you stream content it only leaves cache files on your device, which you can clear out when necessary.

I currently am using 2.5/22gb on my Nexus 6.

natashaubh

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site

I like to horde movies and Tv series on my phone so that i can view them while travelling daily. For me, 64 GB would get filled up very fast compared to 128 Gb. Thats why i prefer 128 GB. Currently also my phone has 128 GB of space which means I have some breathing space available in case i need to transfer huge files from someone else's phone/flash drive to mine.

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Probably 6GB is enough for current android OS, but thinking of keeping the phone for a while, and having it perform decently, I'd definitely go for a bit more RAM. Plus the extra storage room...

Kilgore Trout1

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

Definitely 8gb ram!!!

I just wish it had quad-MicroSD card slots so I could put 4 Microdia 512GB into it to hold all my selfies! :D:D:D

PRGDR

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure if 8GB of RAM is required for a phone, seems kind of ridiculous. ...

It might sound ridiculous right now, but with future Android versions it could be a reasonable amount of RAM. Well, it depends on how long you want to keep your phone, I usually keep them for quite a long time, so it is relevant to me.

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
It might sound ridiculous right now, but with future Android versions it could be a reasonable amount of RAM. Well, it depends on how long you want to keep your phone, I usually keep them for quite a long time, so it is relevant to me.

I think 8gb ram is an outlier for current flagship phones, and that, at least for the next two years, Android versions will be optimized for a high end of 6gb. BTW, Samsung gs8 is 4gb.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
While 8gb is overkill for now (for that matter, so is 6gb), but it does help to make the device future proof in that area. The gb of Ram doesn't really affect present performance. The choice then becomes weighing costs and storage needs.

Theo Donacik

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I believe that the extra storage is worth it especially because the One plus 5 does not have expandable storage. However in everyday life you will not notice the extra ram. So I suggest getting the extra ram just for the storage, unless you think that 64 gigs is enough storage

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer