Moving Pictures/Files/Videos from Samsung to OP5T

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to find the most efficient way to move my pictures, videos and files from my s7 to my OP5T.

Admittedly, I've done a poor job of organizing my pictures and videos. I have some on Dropbox, Google Photos, sd card as well as internally on the device (some of which might even be duplicated from my sd card). I also have a few thousand photos and videos in a whatsapp folder that my phone must have created when I downloaded the app. Considering that it's a few thousand photos and videos, I'm trying to find the most efficient way possible to do this. Should I just connect my s7 to my surface book 2 and and transfer everything there to then transfer to my OP5T?

Would love to hear about how some of you did it. I'm thinking that's the most efficient way. Going forward, I'll most likely be backing everything up on Google Drive since we don't have an SD card on this one.

Thanks in advance!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It's super easy to do with Smart Switch if you were going from the OP to the Samsung, but the other way around, I don't know if OP has a similar app or if maybe you can use Titanium Back up?

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I wish SmartSwitch was something we could use on any device! literally the best way to do this in my opinion.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you're cool with going cloud, I'd just everything into Google Photos or Drive and never worry about it again when you switch devices. You could even tell Photos to display pics from Drive. Only problem with Photos is they still don't give you a good way to hide certain pictures or albums, so you may want to do something else with the dirty pics of your significant other... ahem so in told!

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
If you're cool with going cloud, I'd just everything into Google Photos or Drive and never worry about it again when you switch devices. You could even tell Photos to display pics from Drive. Only problem with Photos is they still don't give you a good way to hide certain pictures or albums, so you may want to do something else with the dirty pics of your significant other... ahem so in told!

Haha! And this is why I've always been skeptical about the cloud... all jokes aside I started migrating everything over to Google Photos last night and it has been relatively seamless. I might have to sorting for the 1TB plan as I'm up to 86gb on my 100 of storage. I usually use onedrive for business/grad school files so I think I'll keep the two separate for the time being.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non