Oreo beta 3 5T

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That looks cool. Can you still get split screen and the quick flip to a previous app?
I went back to the navigation buttons until I get that sorted out.
Edit: haven't found how to do a split screen. But the gestures are nice.

To get to a previous app you swipe on the left or right side of screen. Center swipe means you go home. Center swipe and hold brings up your rolodex of previous apps that you haven't closed, just put in background. You can do the same with the left and right side swipe and hold.

Last edited:

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
It is on the Beta 3 release which just came out a few days ago. It is what may be coming to the next standard update.
I dunno if it's legit but I've seen a couple videos and articles the last couple days touting the stable release...

One video reviewer enter that the gestures weren't in the "final" release.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I dunno if it's legit but I've seen a couple videos and articles the last couple days touting the stable release...

When you sign up for the beta, then you get updates with features which may or may not end up in the public OS update. The "final" release you refer to has been followed up with Beta 3 which some have chosen to be on. It often has features that are in the process of being made ready for the next public update.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

5.0.2 was released a day or two ago, but that isn't related to this beta.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I didn't realize the beta track would carry on in parallel to the stable releases.

Back when I did betas on the nexus 6, that path would end when the final version of whichever update hit.

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I didn't realize the beta track would carry on in parallel to the stable releases.

Back when I did betas on the nexus 6, that path would end when the final version of whichever update hit.
Betas continue because they are always working to improve the OS. I am on the newest Beta A5010_43_18031 which is Oreo 8.1. Here is the changelog:

3b2a6b9fee6bb2450d05d53aa41a14b7.jpg

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Betas continue because they are always working to improve the OS. I am on the newest Beta A5010_43_18031 which is Oreo 8.1. Here is the changelog:

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180321/3b2a6b9fee6bb2450d05d53aa41a14b7.jpg
Nice tweaks there.

Forgive me for being too lazy to look this up for myself haha, but how stable is the beta track? Can I upgrade to there without losing data? How would I get back on the public release track if I wanted to? Would I lose data that way?

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice tweaks there.

Forgive me for being too lazy to look this up for myself haha, but how stable is the beta track? Can I upgrade to there without losing data? How would I get back on the public release track if I wanted to? Would I lose data that way?
No, you don't lose Data. But all your answers are here on this page:

http://downloads.oneplus.net/oneplus-5t/oneplus_5t_oxygenos_openbeta_4/

After your first time loading the Beta, you will get subsequent betas OTA. You will find them in Settings>system updates

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nice tweaks there.

I have found no stability issues so far.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I do like that the gestures instead of the buttons has been improved. It is much more responsive or should I say definite.
Is there still a way to do things like long press the recent apps key to enter split screen, or double tap to quick switch apps, or double tap the back key to sleep the display?

newcollector

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there still a way to do things like long press the recent apps key to enter split screen, or double tap to quick switch apps, or double tap the back key to sleep the display?
Since those buttons are not on the screen when you set it to remove them and use swipes for the same function, the answer is no.

I am hoping that OnePlus will come up with a gesture for split screen. Or one could set a gesture if you use Nova Launcher to do the same thing.