Android Pie Oxygen 9.0.3 Update for OnePlus 5T. Worth it??

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm scared to download this update. Seems like Android Pie kinda sucks because of all the changes Google made. I think Oreo was fine as is. Now I do want the WiFi stability issue fixed and this update promises that but I'm still worried I'm gonna hate Android Pie. Anyone have any issues with the last update?

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not installing it on my 5 (my main phone), but I'll probably install it on my 3 if and when it gets it.

I wouldn't worry about the WiFi "fixes", they promise them in almost every update, and do they ever actually deliver?

mojophone

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I took the plunge and so far, so good. The UI elements are dramatically different. Two changes that I really like are: 1) the slider settings changed so that the middle slot is "vibrate only" and the top is now DND, and 2) they now have a DND option as an element in the top tray (slide down options). You can customize what that new DND option truly means (no alerts at all, only no audible alerts, etc.), which makes it pretty flexible.

The Settings sections are more streamlined, as well. So far, I'm good with it, fwiw.

MarkSeven

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I took the plunge and so far, so good. The UI elements are dramatically different. Two changes that I really like are: 1) the slider settings changed so that the middle slot is "vibrate only" and the top is now DND, and 2) they now have a DND option as an element in the top tray (slide down options). You can customize what that new DND option truly means (no alerts at all, only no audible alerts, etc.), which makes it pretty flexible.

The Settings sections are more streamlined, as well. So far, I'm good with it, fwiw.

Ok. I don't like that the volume buttons control the media volume by default. Also not sure if I'm gonna like the side scrolling "Recents" setup.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site

DND? Sorry like the poster I'm also new to the OP 5T and wondering whether to update

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Just picked up a nearly new 5T a couple of days ago. Its running 9.0.4 (Pie) and smooth as silk. Battery life is stupendous, though I do work from home and am on WiFi most of the time. Performance is amazingly fast, especially LTE speeds which I've clocked as high as 150/40; WiFi speeds on the AC band are equal to wired. Amazing device!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty