The Android P beta includes phones from 7 other manufacturers

http://flip.it/yWEApB

Very cool that this will be available to more than just Pixel and Android One users. I wonder if it will be a beta Oxygen OS build though, or a "stock" Google experience since users opt in through Google's beta site.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-08-2018 05:30 PM
    It is exciting to see this opportunity come to light. It bodes well for the 5T that a version will be released for us, too. But if that does happen, it will be further down the road.

OnePlus has been making some very good product decisions that will benefit us all. One reason I like OnePlus: they own up to mistakes and keep trying to raise the bar on user experience with their devices.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    05-09-2018 06:41 AM
    It is exciting to see this opportunity come to light. It bodes well for the 5T that a version will be released for us, too. But if that does happen, it will be further down the road.

OnePlus has been making some very good product decisions that will benefit us all. One reason I like OnePlus: they own up to mistakes and keep trying to raise the bar on user experience with their devices.
    I agree: OnePlus is definitely making brownie points for doing this. They are making some smart business choices of late. I hope nothing but the best for them!
    05-09-2018 07:17 PM
    How to get the Android P beta on your OnePlus 6 - https://www.androidcentral.com/how-g...your-oneplus-6
    05-17-2018 12:29 PM
    How to get the Android P beta on your OnePlus 6 - https://www.androidcentral.com/how-g...your-oneplus-6
    DAMN, you really beat me to the punch! I was thinking about starting a thread and linking this blog, BUT I checked for existing threads first. LOL
    newcollector likes this.
    05-29-2018 09:20 AM
    DAMN, you really beat me to the punch! I was thinking about starting a thread and linking this blog, BUT I checked for existing threads first. LOL
    Bla1ze is blazing fast! Hard to beat him.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-29-2018 09:45 AM
    Bla1ze is blazing fast! Hard to beat him.
    GREAT topic though. I so love that the OP6 is on the "short list" of phones that will run P Preview. It really bodes well for the prospect of getting timely updates and patches from OP. I already have the may security patch on my device! It's also going to be cool checking out P with all the "cool kids" lol.

I'm just not sure if I'm ready to take the plunge yet! Maybe I will wait another beta or two, and let it get a bit more stable.
    05-29-2018 09:58 AM
    Last I saw, the beta is hardly stable, so you wouldn't want to use it as a daily driver.

I'm still very curious to see how close they keep it to stock. I'd really like to try the new nav gestures and interface in P. They're ok in Oxygen OS, but not great.
    05-29-2018 10:24 AM
    Last I saw, the beta is hardly stable, so you wouldn't want to use it as a daily driver.

I'm still very curious to see how close they keep it to stock. I'd really like to try the new nav gestures and interface in P. They're ok in Oxygen OS, but not great.
    I was using the beta on my pixel 2 XL and yeah, it's definitely quite the beta software. It's usable, but there are quite some bugs with it.

I'll be sticking to the stock software on my OP6 for sure.
    06-04-2018 11:05 PM
    First beta was a disaster. New DP2 is pretty unbelievable. Just installed last night, and so far is as stable as OOS.
    06-20-2018 08:00 AM
    I was using the beta on my pixel 2 XL and yeah, it's definitely quite the beta software. It's usable, but there are quite some bugs with it.

I'll be sticking to the stock software on my OP6 for sure.
    I'm running DP4 on my Pixel 2 XL and it runs amazing! Once my OP6 comes I won't be installing the beta on it though.
    07-09-2018 03:53 PM