One Plus 6T

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
The One Plus 6T will have no headphone jack.
It will have wireless charging
It will have water resistance
It will have a smaller chin
It will have a higher price

This is the 6T. You can now decide if you want the 6 or the 6T.

*Some people think this is a joke. No it's real. Carl Pei asked during his keynote 'now that we have wireless headphones we don't need headphone jack right?' it was to get ready for a smaller chin no headphone jack phone for next iteration.

Last edited:

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I mean, I'm more than willing to spend some extra money for a OnePlus 6T if it has the specs you listed, OP. I don't know why OnePlus didn't add wireless charging and IP67/IP68 rating and charge an extra $100 at this point.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Lol you nailed it

Yeah if you can wait you will get a better package, but then if you wait another 6 months you can get the OnePlus 7 with even better package and cycle repeats.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Lol you nailed it

Yeah if you can wait you will get a better package, but then if you wait another 6 months you can get the OnePlus 7 with even better package and cycle repeats.

It just goes to show - there's never a "good time" to buy a new phone. Something better will always come along in six or eight months.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
It just goes to show - there's never a "good time" to buy a new phone. Something better will always come along in six or eight months.

Actually now I think the only thing a phone needs is 5g support. Once a phone has that in the Qualcomm modem, there will be no major advancements in phones for a while to warrant a new phone for the next couple of years.

FutureMech

Feb 21, 2016
Visit site
Oneplus 6 isn't really a great value, it is good but no even close to being flagship killer.
I would take G7 over it, but i rather pay more for the P20 or P20 Pro, as it offers something unique.

Oneplus 6 should not cost more than 500$ tops.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Oneplus 6 isn't really a great value, it is good but no even close to being flagship killer.
I would take G7 over it, but i rather pay more for the P20 or P20 Pro, as it offers something unique.

Oneplus 6 should not cost more than 500$ tops.

Did anyone say it was a flagship killer? It's a flagship phone, if you'd rather a different one, that's fine. Buy a different one.

Personally you'd have to pay me to use a Huawei phone.

And if they sold it for $500, they might actually lose money.

That statement was not a joke. It's real and real plans from One Plus.

I didn't think it was a joke, but if you don't post a source the information is about as valuable and trustworthy as my info about the unicorn button, do you see?

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
The One Plus 6T will have no headphone jack.
It will have wireless charging
It will have water resistance
It will have a smaller chin
It will have a higher price

This is the 6T. You can now decide if you want the 6 or the 6T.

*Some people think this is a joke. No it's real. Carl Pei asked during his keynote 'now that we have wireless headphones we don't need headphone jack right?' it was to get ready for a smaller chin no headphone jack phone for next iteration.

Source(s):
Dude trust me

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol you nailed it

The never ending cycle. I don't doubt OP is right but if you keep waiting you'll never upgrade.

Besides I'll just sell my 6 for 6T.