i have oneplus 6 with stock ROM. i'm using always on display and really love it. but i've got a problem with the notifications.

notifications appear on the screen and stays 4 or 5 seconds and then gone. i love seeing the notification on the screen without touching anything but it lasts just in 5 seconds. isn't there are setting to change this ?
    11-08-2018 04:31 AM
    "We have an official update from our Technical Team confirming that always on display on OnePlus 6 was removed due to battery saving concern." -OnePlus

"Luckily, OnePlus 6 users can still take advantage of Android’s native “Ambient Display” which can appear when lifting the phone or receiving notifications."

This is from 9to5Google.

So Always On Display has been removed and you are likely seeing Ambient Display. I wish we had the choice for AOD, myself.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    11-08-2018 04:23 PM
    "We have an official update from our Technical Team confirming that always on display on OnePlus 6 was removed due to battery saving concern." -OnePlus

"Luckily, OnePlus 6 users can still take advantage of Android’s native “Ambient Display” which can appear when lifting the phone or receiving notifications."

This is from 9to5Google.

So Always On Display has been removed and you are likely seeing Ambient Display. I wish we had the choice for AOD, myself.
    I don't think that's really what the op is asking. The issue with the ambient display is it does not show the text messages or notifications. it's fine if it's not on all the time but when I pick up my phone in the ambient display does come on I'd like to see my text message or notifications. I'm coming from the essential phone and it behave that way. it's really annoying that for me to see my text message I have to unlock my phone and open my text message screen instead of seeing it on my display as soon as I pick up the phone.
    lmmillard likes this.
    11-08-2018 10:08 PM