1+7 leaks.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
So I know it's definitely way too early but am I the only one who would be pretty disappointed if the 1+7 had a curved screen? That's why I left Sammy in the first place.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Same. I typically like to place tempered glass screen protectors on my devices so having the curved edge screen is a concern for me.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
So I know it's definitely way too early but am I the only one who would be pretty disappointed if the 1+7 had a curved screen? That's why I left Sammy in the first place.
Yes, I will skip the 7 if it has a curved screen and also if the 7T does. I'll ride out the 6T for another year and go from there. The stupid curved screen is a major part of why I left Samsung as well. I think it's a really poor decision for OP as I think the S10e shows Samsung is thinking about dumping it it will be way to late for OP to do it.

Hell if Samsung stays with a flat option I may just got back.

Tony tata

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I will skip the 7 if it has a curved screen and also if the 7T does. I'll ride out the 6T for another year and go from there. The stupid curved screen is a major part of why I left Samsung as well. I think it's a really poor decision for OP as I think the S10e shows Samsung is thinking about dumping it it will be way to late for OP to do it.

Hell if Samsung stays with a flat option I may just got back.

I agree. I can see going back if the screen is flat and the battery is as good as this one.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I can see going back if the screen is flat and the battery is as good as this one.
Yeah, the battery life would have to be awfully close. I can't go back to not knowing if I would make it through going out because Samsung's apps we're sucking my battery dry.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've found the last 3 models disappointing, which is why I'm still using a 5, so it would be on form.

I'm planning to give the S10e a go this year.

jchapman01

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I haven't had a Sammy since the original Galaxy S, and I probably won't go back. That said, if OP7 has a curved screen, I will most likely pass, and see what else is out there. The 6T is enough to keep me satisfied for a while, honestly.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Rumours are the Pro version will be curved.

I saw that today. Looks like it will also be the only one with the pop up front camera. If the renders are correct, the 7 will look a lot like the 6T with the teardrop notch. Its also rumored to have a slightly smaller screen at 6.2" and a 4150 mAh battery. The camera looks to stick out more too. I'm hoping, for maybe some sort of optical zoom. With the improvements to the snapdragon 855 in performance and efficiency as well as better camera performance, add in the bigger battery and slightly smaller size making it a tad easier to handle I might use my jump on the standard one so long as I can get 8GB of RAM. On the flipside, I could wait another 7 months, see what the Note 10 looks like, the pixel 4 and the 7T and then decide, its not like my 6T isn't working great for me because it is and I honestly have no desire to switch brands at this point as nobody else is giving me anything better for the money.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Wow, after reading the AC article today, I think I will wait on purchasing my next phone until the OP 7 comes out. My Nexus 6P is limping along, and I'm hoping I can get part of the settlement payment when the lawsuit goes thru. I didn't have the bootloop issue, but I had - and still have to some extent - the battery issue.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Wow, after reading the AC article today, I think I will wait on purchasing my next phone until the OP 7 comes out. My Nexus 6P is limping along, and I'm hoping I can get part of the settlement payment when the lawsuit goes thru. I didn't have the bootloop issue, but I had - and still have to some extent - the battery issue.
I would if you can. The base/standard OP7 looks to be a refinement of the 6T which has been a hell of a device. I didn't think it would be worthy of an upgrade but I might use my jump on it.

Mounopliktos

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site

Sounds just like me. Nexus 6p, same problem with battery. My battery is complete crap. I have had the 6p since day 1. The OP 7 will be a day 1 purchase for me. The pro version while nice, some of it I don't care for.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Curved screens aren't a deal breaker for me but it's also something I'd put up with if I really liked the phone otherwise.

MY05GLI

Apr 19, 2019
Visit site

Not at all, I wanted to vomit. It would make the phone look dated and like samsung. YUCK! it ruins the case look, with slim cases it's annoying when you type... I hate everything about the curved glass hope that isn't real!

Jamie Klaromenos

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site

I have a Nexus 6p and its battery was very bad would just die at 20%. I tried to get a replacement but no luck. What type of law suit is happening?

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Not at all, I wanted to vomit. It would make the phone look dated and like samsung. YUCK! it ruins the case look, with slim cases it's annoying when you type... I hate everything about the curved glass hope that isn't real!
It sounds like the curved screen is just going to be on the pro model. The standard OP7 is rumored to have a flat screen and a tear drop notch just like the 6T.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey