OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I see some people are receiving beta 2 OTA. How long typically before they post the new build on the site as well? Looking to jump over to the beta track and finally try out AOD.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I see some people are receiving beta 2 OTA. How long typically before they post the new build on the site as well? Looking to jump over to the beta track and finally try out AOD.
Beta 2 has been out for a while and most users are quite happy about the performance and bug fixes. If you are in the stable version you need first to download and install the beta 1 and then you'll receive the incremental update OTA. If you want to jump straight to Beta 2 you can get the full zip from Oxygen Updater, xda, Telegram channels or other similar sources. I'd recommend you to go stage by stage.

The AoD is only available for the 7 Pro model, not sure which one you have.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I actually tried to grab beta 1 from the site the other day, but wasn't able to install because it was a calling it a downgrade. I assumed that was because the beta build is January 22nd, and the stable build I'm running is February 7th.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, I actually tried to grab beta 1 from the site the other day, but wasn't able to install because it was a calling it a downgrade. I assumed that was because the beta build is January 22nd, and the stable build I'm running is February 7th.
Oh, that's true. It won't work if you had already updated to the recent stable version 10.0.11/10.3.8.

You could try with Oxygen Updater and download the full zip for Beta 2. Screenshot_20210210-194716.jpg

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Going from stable to beta doesn't wipe data. If you want, in the future, to go back to the stable channel you'll need to install first the rollback package and it'll imply a full wipe.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Well, good thing I backed up my stuff! Grabbed beta 2 and the phone wouldn't get past the boot menu. Had to let it wipe all data and start all over :-/

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, good thing I backed up my stuff! Grabbed beta 2 and the phone wouldn't get past the boot menu. Had to let it wipe all data and start all over :-/
Ugh. Unfortunately that's a possibility when you skip a step (Beta 1 in this case). Anyway, tell us how you like the Beta 2.

ODog2323

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Where did you download the beta 2 zip from?
I got it from Oxygen Updater. I'm liking the beta for the most part. Needs some polish in places, but that's to be expected.

I turned off the AOD after a day or so. Didn't seem worth the battery trade off, but that could be my imagination. It's also a two year old device so I know the battery isn't totally healthy any longer.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I got it from Oxygen Updater. I'm liking the beta for the most part. Needs some polish in places, but that's to be expected.

I turned off the AOD after a day or so. Didn't seem worth the battery trade off, but that could be my imagination. It's also a two year old device so I know the battery isn't totally healthy any longer.
Yes, OnePlus recognised that they still need to optimise AoD in next updates.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87