Sigh.. One plus pro 7 weight

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I think people don't understand how damaging carrying a heavy phone is daily all day almost. The lighter the better for you.

I feel you. I am going to pass on this phone. I wear a vest, two pair of hand cuffs, two mags, expandable baton, and other gear on a daily basis. If I add 210 more grams it may cause irreversible damage.

talon1189

Oct 18, 2016
Visit site
A weighty phone to me feels more secure. I like light phones too but weighty phones feel more premium to me. So I'm all in on it.

I agree 100%...... Just wear a heavy-duty belt on your pants so the Plus7 phone don't pull down your pants when you are walking 🤣

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This got me wondering. So, I put my Op6 on a scale; 200 grams.

Does the Pro weigh more with the selfie camera extended?

:p

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Man, 25 grams over the weight of my 6T. That could really effect gas mileage when I'm using it for navigation. I think I'm out.

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you wear your pants like this, I could see it as a problem
cf5504599536fa7d7c773d1b442b4668.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I think people don't understand how damaging carrying a heavy phone is daily all day almost. The lighter the better for you.

Damaging? Uhh... Definitely don't agree on it being damaging unless you have some kind of brittle bone disease or something.

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
162.6 x 75.9 x 8.8 dimensions. Trust me, lots of people are going to understand later when they hold it how big it is and unwieldly that can be. Especially if they put a hefty case to it too.

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. I can't remember the other phone I had but I didn't like how light the LG V30.

It felt cheap.
A weighty phone to me feels more secure. I like light phones too but weighty phones feel more premium to me. So I'm all in on it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
162.6 x 75.9 x 8.8 dimensions. Trust me, lots of people are going to understand later when they hold it how big it is and unwieldly that can be. Especially if they put a hefty case to it too.

I can somewhat agree with "unwieldy" as some think even XL phones are too much and I don't -- so that is opinion.

You literally said there would be physical damaging issues from it which I think is kind of ridiculous. The phone isn't heavy enough to cause people damage lol. Big difference in "the phone may feel huge" to "it will hurt people" :p.

Ara Wagoner

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
If you use your pinkie to prop up the phone in your hand, yes a heavier phone can strain your hand and give you an RSI.

If you hold your phone at eye level so you're not straining your neck to look down, it could wear out your arm, too, but that's less of an issue when you sit down and can prop the phone up on a table (or at least prop your elbows on the table).

It's not going to strain your back or arm instantly like lifting a truck tire would, it's a slow cumulative thing over years and years of heavy use. When I don't use a phone grip on my devices, my left pinky gets mad at me by the end of the day because I inadvertently pinky prop.

I can somewhat agree with "unwieldy" as some think even XL phones are too much and I don't -- so that is opinion.

You literally said there would be physical damaging issues from it which I think is kind of ridiculous. The phone isn't heavy enough to cause people damage lol. Big difference in "the phone may feel huge" to "it will hurt people" :p.