New Oxygen OS update 9.5.4 rolling out

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
No root is needed, and you don't need any VPN as well. Just download the app follow the directions in the app and it'll tell you if an update is available. Then download the update and after the update is downloaded just go Settings - System - System Updates - gear icon on top right - local upgrade. The downloaded zip will show up there.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Stealthieone

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in shock.. T-Mobile just rolled out an update
3951a4f6711bd9fb9965cc10cb5df571.jpg

RaRa85

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Not much of a win if it just contained the security update

But I'm glad they are pushing at least security updates and hopefully don't hold up too much on the other bug fixes/updates.
Yeah I saw that. It's cool. No rush for me.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I regret not buying straight from oneplus
Aren't you still in the return period? Worth buying the non carrier version always as long as you are ok not having local support if something goes wrong. Personally I never cared about that so never an issue.

Worst case, you can flash the unlocked firmware on T-Mobile model and make it behave as the unlocked model firmware and updates come direct from OnePlus. That was possible on T-Mobile 6t and guessing you will be able to do it 7 as well soon. Probably keep an eye on XDA OnePlus forum.

ScottRx82

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I installed 9.5.4 this morning thru oxygen updater. Then shortly afterward I got notification from oxygen updater that a system update was available, 9.5.6. it's been taking forever to download in comparison to 9.5.4, and I can't seem to find anything online about this update being intended for non carrier unlocked models, which mine is - purchased directly from OP. Starting to think I should just cancel this update. The changelog looks identical to the 9.5.4 update I believe.

Attachments

• 4082.jpg
    4082.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 26

ctk4949

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm i have the unlocked 1+7 Pro and the Oxygen Updater is showing Oxygen OS 9.5.6?? Is that correct?? Also its 2.1GB

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I installed 9.5.4 this morning thru oxygen updater. Then shortly afterward I got notification from oxygen updater that a system update was available, 9.5.6. it's been taking forever to download in comparison to 9.5.4, and I can't seem to find anything online about this update being intended for non carrier unlocked models, which mine is - purchased directly from OP. Starting to think I should just cancel this update. The changelog looks identical to the 9.5.4 update I believe.
It's a new update with a different change log and looks this update fixes the call disconnecting issue for Verizon users when receiving calls from iPhone. I have that issue. Installing this update now and mine also unlocked model direct from OnePlus.
And also mine downloaded within no time, probably the servers were busy when you were downloading.

bf34dac5e3cd33d71a69c05d9398ae03.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Was a breeze installing the 9.5.6 update on the unlocked model. Love it when my crappy carrier has no say in updates lol.

Will test if I can receive calls successfully on Verizon from an iPhone shortly.
0715502cbdc4a9aa58fdf679dfbaebe7.jpg

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Only for Verizon users - Just tested receiving a call from my wife who uses iPhone and I was able to receive the call successfully after the 9.5.6 update. It was broken for me before this, glad it's fixed now, switching back to OP7 as my main device now for few days

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The OTA I ended up getting is 9.5.6, and double tap to wake and ambient display work worse than before. Go figure.
I also have lots of ghost touches recently I feel than before. Especially watching YouTube videos, randomly touches are getting registered even though I'm no where near holding the phone.