is it me or this phone has subpar network connectivity/reception?

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I came from an S10e and an iPhone garbage XR but both had excellent network connectivity. With the 7 pro often times in many occasions dusting the day I have to reboot the phone or turn on/off airplane mode cause I have no data connection. This is extremely scouting cause I drive Uber and need my connection. Anyone else with that type of issue?

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
iPhones are notorious for sub-par reception.

I used to have a Pixel 3 XL which had way better reception than my iPhones of the past, and people used to complain that the Pixel's reception wasn't what spectacular. So that isn't saying much for iPhones then.

I have a S10+, and now I have a OP7P, and they both have great reception.

I use AT&T BTW.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Interesting I find myself putting my Samsung Galaxy S10+ in Airplane Mode, not sure if it was the recent updates but it's becoming a PITA. In fact I just did it an hour ago because it wouldn't connect.

Now I have no regrets or no reason to delay selling it...

For the Note 10 Plus.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're finding this in the same places you were getting good signal before, I'd ask for a replacement phone, If you're getting it in places you used to get poor coverage, or in places you never were before, I'd say you're using the wrong carrier. It's not a problem that can be diagnosed online, you'd have to look at the signal strength where you lose the signal (LTE Discovery will help with that). If you're getting good (-110 db or better [smaller number]), it's probably the phone.

Hermes Hidayat

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I came from an S10e and an iPhone garbage XR but both had excellent network connectivity. With the 7 pro often times in many occasions dusting the day I have to reboot the phone or turn on/off airplane mode cause I have no data connection. This is extremely scouting cause I drive Uber and need my connection. Anyone else with that type of issue?

Wow.the exact opposite for me.My S10P,S10 and XS had weak signal.but the OP7 Pro has perfect signal.in the past 3 days of using it,i have never noticed the signal bar going below 75%

DFranch

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I've found it to have a stronger signal for network and WiFi than my LG V30 did. That being said, it did happen one time in the month I've had the phone. I had a good signal, but was getting no data. I turned airplaine mode on and off and it was fine. It hasn't happened since. I have AT&T.

mikey1273

Jul 15, 2015
Visit site
So far I have had great cell reception on TMobile. Inside buildings always still is variable. WiFi reception also seems good. At the local bowling alley where my friends often go I can get a good connection with decent speed on an nearby Xfinitywifi connection. Those with iPhone 5s to X models can't even see the network at all.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had the opposite experience. I switched from the T-Mobile iPhone XS Max to the T-Mobile S10+ (which had a much better signal than the iPhone), to the OnePlus 7 Pro. The Pro has the best signal of the three for me.

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Yeah guys I have tested it these past few days and for certain this doesn't have as good as connectivity as my S10e (from my personal experience). When I'm in an area that doesn't have any service I lose signal which is normal. But then when I go back to an area that does have service, it doesn't come up. I have to either switch airplane mode on/off or reboot the phone....pretty much Everytime. That is really annoying. Other phones would automatically pick up data connection when service is available. I drive for Uber so this gets really annoying. Maybe it's my unit I don't know...

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Yeah guys I have tested it these past few days and for certain this doesn't have as good as connectivity as my S10e (from my personal experience). When I'm in an area that doesn't have any service I lose signal which is normal. But then when I go back to an area that does have service, it doesn't come up. I have to either switch airplane mode on/off or reboot the phone....pretty much Everytime. That is really annoying. Other phones would automatically pick up data connection when service is available. I drive for Uber so this gets really annoying. Maybe it's my unit I don't know...

My fall back when I have issues is factory wipe the phone and set it back up as new.

I know it's a pain and a lot of work, but I routinely factory wipe after any big update just to start things off fresh.

XTERM1NADOR

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey I am having the same issue, phone loses cell signal then it does not return. Yes, a reboot helps but this is becoming very annoying to have to reboot several times a day.

ollieg

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and can't think of a time the One+ 7 Pro seemed to have the issue you've described.

I live in urban congested San Francisco, so I should almost always have a signal. But I have had times where my signal strength is down to one bar with/poor data speeds, and after toggling Airplane Mode I see almost maximum bars and speedy data.

Could everyone reporting connectivity issues also tell us their wireless carrier?

XTERM1NADOR

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Sprint and can't think of a time the One+ 7 Pro seemed to have the issue you've described.

I live in urban congested San Francisco, so I should almost always have a signal. But I have had times where my signal strength is down to one bar with/poor data speeds, and after toggling Airplane Mode I see almost maximum bars and speedy data.

Could everyone reporting connectivity issues also tell us their wireless carrier?

I have Sprint, reside in Houston. 5G has been turned for the West Part of Houston, I catch it from time to time where I actually live. Maybe this is the reason why?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty