New to OnePlus! Need some help with a few things.

ZaWe

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just got the 7T, coming from a Pixel 3. So far I'm really enjoying it but there are a few things that slightly annoy me and can't figure out how to address:

1.) I realized that I wasn't getting a notification in the status bar for google play updates. If I swiped down, the notification would be in the shade. After spending a lot of time searching through everything, I noticed in the shade (where you swipe half way on a notification to reveal a gear icon) that the notifications were on "Other", just as it was on my pixel 3 but didn't experience this issue. I then changed it to "Important" notifications. This helped, but now when I have my phone on ring or vibrate, I get notified of an app update or when an app has finished updating (rings or vibrates)*. This isn't a huge deal, but it slightly annoys me. Is this common for OnePlus? Can anyone help me trouble shoot?

2.) Another issue I'm experiencing started right before creating this thread (Which is what prompted me to seek your guys' help). The OnePlus launcher updated. Now whenever I slide up from an app to the app switcher, I get a little a vibration. Again, not a huge deal, but I prefer not to have that every time as I'm always switching apps. I can't find where to shut that off.

3) Lastly, in the camera app, I cannot glide my finger to see all camera modes like the pixel 3. I have to tap each one individually in order to get to the mode I want if it's off screen. This seems counter intuitive. Again, is this a OnePlus thing or am I going insane?

No big issues, but if you can help me figure these out or put me in my place by telling me this is how OnePlus works, I'd greatly appreciate it.

*This also happens for LastPass as well.

Last edited:

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
1. Open play store, go to settings. Under general, go to notifications. There is a setting to get a notification when apps update. There is also one to notify you when there are updates pending.

2. I've never used that phone before, but i know on my phone I use the nova launcher and one way I can get the launcher settings, if there isn't an app for lt, is by holding your finger down on the home screen until you get the wallpaper, widget, settings page. Click on settings and that's where it is on my phone. Also check your phone settings under accessibility and also under sound.

3. I'm not sure about 3 lol. I'm sorry. But that sounds like it's just the way the phone was made. Doesn't sound like that would be a setting, but I could be wrong.

I hope that helps even one of your questions, take care

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can download the Pixel 3 camera from Google Camera. I'm using it on my Pixel 2 and it works the same as it does on a 3 (including editing pictures and writing on them, Night Sight and HDR+). Of course the last 2 will be done n the CPU on the OP7P, so they'll take longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress