OnePlus One accessories? (Who and what will they bring?)

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So the phone on paper looks great thus far! But has anyone heard or seen if anyone will be making a large amount of accessories for this phone? Cases, screen protectors and so on are an important thing to a lot of people. For my self I just want a good screen protector! Anyone else using this as a deal breaker? No flame wars just opinions! :)
Thanks

ExtremeNerd

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
First of all, 1+ has already confirmed replacement backs. As to cases and screen protectors, you'll likely have to wait for official accessories. Most phones, especially ones with limited availability and demand, don't have third parties lining up to produce accessories. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not holding my breath. May be easier to 3d print your own case rather than wait.

fightcrazy

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully with the replacement backs they will add wireless charging. That would be a big seller.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't bet on having much in terms of accessories due to the fact that only a small quantity or this device will be sold, so some accessory manufacturers may not even bother. Expect limited options

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Tom Westrick

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Honestly, the only thing I would want to buy would be a screen protector. Maybe a couple of the swap covers-especially if they release a black version without a texture.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully with the replacement backs they will add wireless charging. That would be a big seller.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Don't think that's happening, based on what I've heard. OnePlus indicated that they didn't see enough demand for Qi and so they haven't put time into it.

decolate

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I really need a belt clip. It sounds lame but I need it for running with the phone. I caught an interview with someone from OnePlus saying they weren't expecting 3rd party accessories so they seem to know that's a gap...

thatguy97

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Lol you complain about having no belt clip and no one can get this phone

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5

SmogHog

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging needs to be included in the phones as it is with the Nexus 5 in order to make it main stream.

When the extra cost is a very high amount for additional back with wireless charging ala Samsung then interest will be sparse.

decolate

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
I guess I'm more confident that the phone will come than the belt clip. I always get Sedio clips but they won't be supporting this phone unless it tells off like a rocket!