OPO Durability

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Just saw this on Android Authority, figured anybody looking at the phone would be interested in the durability. Funny because all the haters think it's a phone made out of cheap, 2nd rate parts.

OnePlus One also undergoes **** test, and other stress testing (video)

The tests are crazy. They apply 50 pounds of pressure 1,000 times to the display. Drop it 40,000 times. Tumble it 150 times. They expose it to 10 minutes of rain, wiggle the USB cord 3,000 times to test the charging port and a lot more

Posted via...The One

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's good to know!

I was under the impression that most of the people who were less than enthralled with OnePlus were displeased more with the sales tactics and delays, rather than the build and materials.

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
That's good to know!

I was under the impression that most of the people who were less than enthralled with OnePlus were displeased more with the sales tactics and delays, rather than the build and materials.

Most are LMAO. You're correct. But I've probably seen it written a dozen times by people that it's cheap, that because of the yellow bar issue it's poorly made, etc. I've never had a problem with the sales tactics personally, I got a bonus check, knew I wanted a new phone and got the invite 9 hours after I asked about the phone on this forum. Didn't even ask for one. It was offered by a member who had one. I got LUCKY. Not everyone has that experience. As to the delays??? If you really wanted the phone, you'd have it. I'm over the whole general availability thing. Invites are EVERYWHERE. The invite system itself sucks for us as consumers but it makes sense for them. The invite system definitely has a hell of a lot of drawbacks but in a lot of ways it's like a special edition phone.

If the builders of slimkat, pac-man roms or whoever partnered with somebody the couldn't mass produce 2,000,000 phones. How many people even know about companies like CM (who BTW just turned down an offer from Google)

Posted via...The One

enigmax

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
well, it was a mild winter after all... everything went fine, still alive and running lollipop...

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez