ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

draetheus

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Wow, I only just flashed AOSP with the camfix, but the consensus now seems to be that this is the better ROM? Main thing I am concerned about is battery life, especially during standby.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Wow, I only just flashed AOSP with the camfix, but the consensus now seems to be that this is the better ROM? Main thing I am concerned about is battery life, especially during standby.

then go with this ROM. the battery life is comparible to Harmonia's Froyo ROM.

radiotecha1234

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I installed this when mmarz first posted it (btw....BIG thanks!). Then, I recently updated the "Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip (updated 7/12/2011)" and now the home button doesn't wake the phone up like pressing the power button does. If this is by design is there an app or way that will allow me to wake the phone up by using the home button again?

TIA,

Mike

NM - it's now the menu button.

Use button remapper from the market

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Im having some real problems with battery.
Left off charger overnight and it was at 24% with about 8 hours.

Going to keep testing with different clock speeds.
I tried a bit faster then I normally run so that might be the problem.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Im having some real problems with battery.
Left off charger overnight and it was at 24% with about 8 hours.

Going to keep testing with different clock speeds.
I tried a bit faster then I normally run so that might be the problem.

did you calibrate after flashing? i make that a must anytime i flast a new rom.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Weird issue. My phone was working plugged in through my stereo on phone calls. After flashing the latest s to ov file mmarz released it no longer is. Anybody else notice this? Anyone have the original, 2 separate files, he posted? lol

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I installed this when mmarz first posted it (btw....BIG thanks!). Then, I recently updated the "Sprint-to-OV_ath3nos_signed.zip (updated 7/12/2011)" and now the home button doesn't wake the phone up like pressing the power button does. If this is by design is there an app or way that will allow me to wake the phone up by using the home button again?

TIA,

Mike

NM - it's now the menu button.

While the previous suggestion of Button Remapper will work if you don't want to use an app there are other possible solutions... Look down ;)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Well, LG has stated that all the phones in the optimus line will get a GB update, but as we saw with the intercept, it depends on when exactly VMU will release the update. It's likely that we won't see an official GB until a few months after sprint's optimus has it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

The concept of "all the phones in the optimus line" is not a reality and a misunderstanding of the quote from LG posted here:

LG promises Gingerbread support for Optimus handsets | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs

LG will/is releasing GB for the Optimus One and maybe the 2X but not any iteration from the multiple carriers directly. If the carrier chooses to port it and OTA update it to their phones is their choice. VM only has plans NOT to release this to the OV. This can change if imo there is enough buzz about it with feedback to VM but at present there is no plan to get it to us yet. :(

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Weird issue. My phone was working plugged in through my stereo on phone calls. After flashing the latest s to ov file mmarz released it no longer is. Anybody else notice this? Anyone have the original, 2 separate files, he posted? lol

Try toggling the volume while in a call, it should come back to life. This is an issue on the S build as well.

Reactions: Kreatur3

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Try toggling the volume while in a call, it should come back to life. This is an issue on the S build as well.

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the advice. :)

Ok reread what I posted and I wasn't very clear about it. Oops. I can still hear people through my stereo but like the AOSP rom, which is why I didn't use it, now people can't hear me through the phone mic again. I can try the volume toggling but I assume you thought I couldn't hear people through my stereo.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The concept of "all the phones in the optimus line" is not a reality and a misunderstanding of the quote from LG posted here:

LG promises Gingerbread support for Optimus handsets | Android Atlas - CNET Blogs

LG will/is releasing GB for the Optimus One and maybe the 2X but not any iteration from the multiple carriers directly. If the carrier chooses to port it and OTA update it to their phones is their choice. VM only has plans NOT to release this to the OV. This can change if imo there is enough buzz about it with feedback to VM but at present there is no plan to get it to us yet. :(

Anything backing this claim?
The CNET article doesnt say much about it.
From what has been posted and discussed it appears its just a matter of time before its released.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I'll have to try that. Thanks for the advice. :)

Ok reread what I posted and I wasn't very clear about it. Oops. I can still hear people through my stereo but like the AOSP rom, which is why I didn't use it, now people can't hear me through the phone mic again. I can try the volume toggling but I assume you thought I couldn't hear people through my stereo.

Yes, I was referring to the audio on your end. I havn't heard of any issues with the mic not working; you said it was working before you flashed Mmarz' more recent S to V change file? Intriguing since I thought all he did was remove the privacy menu. Either way, hope you find a solution, keep us apprised :D

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

It is working again, maybe your fix did work lol. Weird. And the mic not working while plugged in has always been an issue with the aosp rom which is why I didn't use it much. Sometimes I would flash my nandroid but then switch back to froyo while driving lol.

Noob question and lazy, I'll admit it, with cm7 and only having the ondemand, conservative, and interactive governors which one would be best if running 806/806?

Last edited:

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

I acutally am curious about on demand interactice and conservative also. Which one runs the smoothest?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sometimes I would flash my nandroid but then switch back to froyo while driving lol.

LOL, and to think that lawmakers want to outlaw texting while driving.

"No officer. I wasn't texting...I was downgrading from Gingerbread to Froyo using a custom recovery...."

Oh, about the governors.... If min and max are the same, I don't think it matters which you use. If they are different, interactive is best and conservative is the worst. Think of your phone as a car. A certain clock speed will give you the best MPG. From my tests, that speed is near 800 MHz (near the max). If you are doing tasks that finish quicker the faster they are processed (texting, loading web pages, receiving email...etc.), then you want the clock near 800 MHz. If you are streaming or doing other indefinite time tasks, then you want the minimum clock sleep that will allow the task to not stutter (450-600 MHz handles most tasks). The longer it takes you to jump from 450 to 800 for the texting type tasks, the more battery is wasted. That is why the conservative governor is the worst. Interactive will jump up faster. When your phone is idle, neither the min nor max clock speed is used. Your phone goes into a sleep state. When a task comes in, the governor goes into action. The faster the phone can finish that task and sleep again, the more battery you will save. Again, that is why the conservative governor is bad IMO.

Last edited:

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

LOL, and to think that lawmakers want to outlaw texting while driving.

"No officer. I wasn't texting...I was downgrading from Gingerbread to Froyo using a custom recovery...."

In Texas they already have, you can get a ticket for a DWT. Course there is a strange little loophole in it that states the driver must have their eyes off the road for a certain ammount of time for it to apply, I can't remember how long the time period is but it's setup so that you would in most instances have already wrecked by the time the ticket can be written.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

We have those stupid laws here also. I notice more people with their phones to their heads that I did before hands free was required by law while driving. I used to text while driving but the new version of swype sucks so I don't do it anymore lol.

bjones72751

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it was a one time occurrence, but I ran into a bug. My phone rang earlier, but no one was calling. It just started ringing, and wouldn't stop. I had to reboot. Also earlier my notification tone wasn't working, just silence. But it works as of now too.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

psygn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site

Hey guys, I made a Nandroid backup before flashing this ROM. Does this save all the previously installed apps along with everything like widgets untouched? I want to go back to Froyo Harmonia as this ROM has been laggy for me for some reason (even after raising the min CPU), but I don't want to go through the headache of reinstalling all the apps and getting the widgets down again.

Thanks mmarz for letting me try a stable GB ROM on Optimus V.

Status
Not open for further replies.