ARCHIVED: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread) 7/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
However, ath3nos is using a build configured for the Optimus S, which now has Zefie's kernel. If you guys are straight up building for the VM670 you'll be fine. Otherwise you can patch the S kernel yourselves, or use the previous framework. Or just enjoy your phone in landscape only mode. lol.

Note: the current V kernel I've got in there does not overclock. At some point (sooner than later) I'll fix that. Otherwise you can patch it to do overclocking (ah the joys of having a working, publicly available source tree) in the interim using the VM670-IHO branch. Pull requests are always welcomed.

So we cant use the next release? ):

Sent from my Optimus V

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM-ish] OV Port of ath3nos's Unofficial CM7 (Gingerbread)

Are the crashes random or do they happen when are are trying to do something in particular? And does it still happen when you are not overclocking?

I am not overclocked at the moment and it only happens when I either try to download something or use the market. (I am running the leaked new market.) Which would make you believe that it is the market. but I have uninstalled it and it still happens. I have cleared cache and dalvik I have even done the chicken dance and nothing helps. I really don't want to reflash the rom cause I just got it nice and where I like it. And I have not made a backup yet like an idiot.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I am not overclocked at the moment and it only happens when I either try to download something or use the market. (I am running the leaked new market.) Which would make you believe that it is the market. but I have uninstalled it and it still happens. I have cleared cache and dalvik I have even done the chicken dance and nothing helps. I really don't want to reflash the rom cause I just got it nice and where I like it. And I have not made a backup yet like an idiot.

That "nice and where you like it" might be the problem. With a clean install, I can't replicate your problem. Are you using the permission blocking? That could be causing it.

Try this, make a nandroid backup of your current setup, and then do a fresh install. Try restoring your setup piece by piece until the problem pops up. You can even start by installing the new market. You'll either restore your setup and everything will work, or early on, you'll find the problem. In which case, you can restore your nandroid and reverse the one setting that might be causing this.

Jsadik

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Will uninstalling dspmanager with titanium backup have any negative side effects?

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

It shouldn't. However, you can back it up, and then remove it. If problems arise, then restore it.

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Optimus V

Anything ath3nos compiles for the Optimus S, I can port to the V. Ath3nos signaled that he wasn't going to work on this for a while. So there is that. He might be coming out with a pure gingerbread build which I think will be more worthwhile than this CM7 mess.

If anybody knows how to compile android from the source, they could take over this project. Otherwise, that is it for a while. The rom seems to work for 99% of people.

Personally, I'm sticking with Froyo because I still get better battery life with it and Tasker does not like the CM7 builds at all.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Is there anything noticable in the newest version of ath3nos update to warrant flashing it?

I hate having to input the adb commands for data2ext each time. :D

I finally figured out the problem I was having with battery and camera not working right. And I think I got like 18hrs with typical use for me, which would be minimal use for most. Atleast I dont have to plug it in every 8 hours now.

Vishwar

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Love it.

Good job porting mmarz, keep up the good work!
I guess now I'll need to update my little thingy up there to say I'm using this...

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Is there anything noticable in the newest version of ath3nos update to warrant flashing it?

I hate having to input the adb commands for data2ext each time. :D

I finally figured out the problem I was having with battery and camera not working right. And I think I got like 18hrs with typical use for me, which would be minimal use for most. Atleast I dont have to plug it in every 8 hours now.

Just some small changes such as no longer having to toggle volume in a call to make the wired headsets work. There was something else also that doesn't come to mind atm...

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Ok I gots me a big ole 16gig sd today. I am trying to do the app2sd ext thingy. And I am stuck and don't know where to look.

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Perhaps you should reflash gapps. I had troubles with the gapps linked to on the front page, but when I flashed the 20110613 version in Rom Manager, all my problems with market went away. Hope this helps.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Will uninstalling dspmanager with titanium backup have any negative side effects?

I removed dspmanager and have had no problems so far. Been using this rom for several days now.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site

this problem I'm about to mention may just be because I tweak my system all around, but maybe not, so I'll list it.

when in the browser, incoming calls do not come to the foreground although they do ring and show up on the status bar. the home button takes me to a screen which offers to "resume call in progress" which takes me to the regular phone screen which pops up when I get a call while the device is idle.

I can swipe down the notification area while ringing and touching the call icon brings me to the regular phone app much faster than the home button sequence I just mentioned.

it still all works, just not how I expected it to... I'll have to get used to the different method of answering calls while browsing.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

I've outlined three or four workarounds, and a proper fix so 'porting' ath3nos's ROM should be pretty straight forward. If someone steps up and compiles Zefie's kernel (or an alternative LS670 kernel that's known to work) with the needed change, I'll include that for the LS670. Pull requests on Github are a /good/ thing.

Or if someone steps up and builds a VM670 configured build...

Anything ath3nos compiles for the Optimus S, I can port to the V. Ath3nos signaled that he wasn't going to work on this for a while. So there is that. He might be coming out with a pure gingerbread build which I think will be more worthwhile than this CM7 mess.

For all that effort you could download the source and compile a working VM670 build. It's not a big secret, and at least one other person has built a VM670 ROM. He even filed bug reports so I could, you know, fix things. It takes about six hours to download and build, and about two hours to do a clean build.

It all builds fine on OSX and Linux. Or with a Linux VM under Windows.

Just some small changes such as no longer having to toggle volume in a call to make the wired headsets work. There was something else also that doesn't come to mind atm...

Green bar on zoomed in images was fixed, new kernel for VM670 builds (none for LS670 until someone provides me with one that's known to work) w/ interactive governor by default, a few other minor changes you're not likely to notice, and whatever other CM7 fixes got merged in.

Last edited:

mmarz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

For all that effort you could download the source and compile a working VM670 build. It's not a big secret, and at least one other person has built a VM670 ROM. He even filed bug reports so I could, you know, fix things. It takes about six hours to download and build, and about two hours to do a clean build.

It all builds fine on OSX and Linux. Or with a Linux VM under Windows.

Way too much time and work for something I don't even use. I've never been a fan of the CM7 roms, too much bloat. I created this port by accident and people seem to like it. That's the only reason I kept it updated. The S and V have identical hardware. So long as the incoming VM MMS handling is left in the framework, the only difference between the roms should be the carrier info and the home/menu keys. The method I'm using here seems like the path of least resistance, especially since I know nothing about building an Android OS. I'm not stopping anyone else from building it from the source if they want. This is your baby after all. Why aren't you doing it?

Reactions: arhtard and rockneo

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site

Way too much time and work for something I don't even use. I've never been a fan of the CM7 roms, too much bloat. I created this port by accident and people seem to like it. That's the only reason I kept it updated. The S and V have identical hardware. So long as the incoming VM MMS handling is left in the framework, the only difference between the roms should be the carrier info and the home/menu keys. The method I'm using here seems like the path of least resistance, especially since I know nothing about building an Android OS. I'm not stopping anyone else from building it from the source if they want. This is your baby after all. Why aren't you doing it?

And we appreciate every bit of work you do.

and +1 why aren't you doing it, blarf?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

I've been trying to build your inferiorhumanorgans repository, but I keep getting stopped short.

I use the following:

repo init -u git://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android.git -b gingerbread
repo sync -j16
repo sync
. build/envsetup.sh
lunch
(choose VM670)
make otapackage

And I get this far:

Install: out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/resize2fs
make: *** No rule to make target `vendor/lge/thunderc/proprietary/system/bin/rild', needed by `out/target/product/thunderc/system/bin/rild'. Stop.

I would be happy to help out by building the ROM for the V, but unfortunately, looks like I need a bit of help helping out. ;)

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

Get that file from a stock ROM and put it in the vendor tree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38