ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you guys get that Encrypt Phone setting in security working? anyone

I think i read somewhere that it only works on devices with emmc storage (like an internal sdcard. Which does wear leveling and other stuff by itself) and not devices with nand flash like ours (which requires a flash file system like yaffs2 to handle wear leveling and other lower level stuff)

deaver_92

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Restoring now.
*Update*
Back on stock, the phone number switched back to what it should be. I'll try flashing ICS again but I won't clear out the /system this time and I'll see what happens.
This is just so strange...
*Update 2*
With the ROM flashed and the /system not cleared, it FCs and reboots every 15 seconds or so after finishing booting. Hmmm...

If I'm not mistaken, /system is where the rom lives. If you flash ics on top of froyo without formatting it's definitely going to fc, reboot, or not boot at all. Always wipe /system, /data, and /cache when coming from a different rom, regardless of version.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside

Samuelg900

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS)

I wish they have us an update today. This will serve to be my first and only birthday gift today, except for the high five my mom gave me

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If I'm not mistaken, /system is where the rom lives. If you flash ics on top of froyo without formatting it's definitely going to fc, reboot, or not boot at all. Always wipe /system, /data, and /cache when coming from a different rom, regardless of version.

This message was brought to you by Tapatalk on BACKside

If you don't format Boot, System, and Dalvik, Android has a habit of retaining old files.

That is especially the case with modified files (where you changed an image using zip) or when using newer Optimus V, which has stubborn memory.

Boot is the kernel area, on the zip file this is the boot.img you see, System is where the normal files are.
Your phone actually runs from Dalvik. When the system boots for the first time after you install a rom, it has to copy everything from boot and system to Dalvik. So when you install anything new, if you don't wipe, all you are doing is (hopefully) overwriting the system files, then you have to hope they are transferred to Dalvik.

If Android thinks the files in Dalvik are better than the files you just put on system, it will retain the ones in Dalvik. This was the problem Obijohn had with the early Bumblebee power button mod (same one I faced with Harmonia 1.3). The signatures were different on various system files so the system rejected the new files and kept the old ones or didn't install them and boot looped. These signatures are now the cause of the new Market not working, close doesn't cut it anymore.

By wiping all three places you remove (almost) any chance for Android to retain those files.
Here is where a new problem creeps in... Not all recoveries wipe equally and sometimes they just don't. This was a big problem with the old Xionia recoveries when you used IHO.

Combine old Xionia, a new phone, IHO, and not wiping all of them, you are just asking for files to be retained, which is why our first response to problems is to wipe and re-install.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Will this new android market that is now called Google Play effect any downloads or anything like that. I didn't realize it had a new name till I factory reset my phone and went into tje market. I was just wondering what kinda effects it would have on a 3rd party installed market as in the Gapps. Zip we use

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

The widget is ugly too. It says play store. Like what the heck was google thinking. The only good thing about it is it has a new fancy U.I.

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LChoaaLBTDQ[/YT]

i was watching that then i got a new rush of ICS fever!! i mean the HD2 wasnt even deigned to run android! and look at it

bmxrider234

Banned
Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Well nice video. Sucks it wasn't a optimus v tho :) be nice to have a screen that size, wouldn't have to worry about compressing much stuff. I have faith the devs here will do all they can to get it to run on our phones. :)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Well nice video. Sucks it wasn't a optimus v tho :) be nice to have a screen that size, wouldn't have to worry about compressing much stuff. I have faith the devs here will do all they can to get it to run on our phones. :)

The devs are doing fine making it fit to our phones, since google built this for large memory phones, they have pngs for mdpi hdpi and xdpi included, wasting alot of room. They have already slimmed it down significantly, for instance I was able to save ten MB just by removing the xdpi wallpapers in the launcher that our phone doesn't even use.

There is hope;)

Reactions: clodfelterac

cammykool

Resident *****
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

that was a dated viseo they now have the S/W buttions gone their front facing camera anjd rear camers works its unlocked ect remember WASNT DESIGNED FOR ANDROID :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87