ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so now i have too just find a good thing to use too root my phone then i should be good to go if i do the flash image? Sorry, i'm sorta a noob.

Even though you're "so sure" it won't help, you really should read the stickies. They have all the information you need already, step by step.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: mlson

jr0sier

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Even though you're "so sure" it won't help, you really should read the stickies. They have all the information you need already, step by step.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Point me in that direction then please? I don't know what to do. If your talking about these:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

_________

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html

^ they don't work for my phone. I can't use Gingerbreak to root my phone!

Revenant Ghost

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
Flashing the recovery with rom manager back in the day was fine but now the version that gets pushed to your phone will not work with the OVs with the new screen. Its really simple to use flash_image or flashimage GUI, to put on bonzhomes iho reccovery, and that is a fail safe recovery regardless of what screen you have.

sent from my Nokia 5110

That's another reason I don't mess with ROM Manager anymore.

puffen619

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
i wasn't blaiming the ROM? i was just saying it sucks. Everything force closes, i can barely use the market, i can't even turn my phone off with the power button. I said it sucks because of all the bugs and what not. I just need help, reading "stickies" doesn't do anything. I Get absolutely nowhere i've been trying to flash back too my stock rom for about 4 days now, or anyother ROM like ICS just without all the bugs. I Like this one dont get me wrong, but the force closing gets really old.

You used rom manager, that's what you did wrong.
This is an alpha build, if you don't know what you're doing you shouldn't be flashing this ROM.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You guys are being ignorant.. Thanks for your "help"

I hope your getting the help you need. We have a lot of helpful people here in the forums and they can help point you in the correct direction. As they have mentioned, as helpful as You Tube video's are sometimes you also have to really dig in deep and read the stickies and other guides. Things change, get updated, etc quite often and procedures change and the outcomes too.

@all who have helped, thank you.

Those who have made poor comments, shame on you for treating a members in "panic" mode as we all have been at one time or another improperly.

Have a good day.

Last edited:

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Point me in that direction then please? I don't know what to do. If your talking about these:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom.html

First... Take a few big, calming breaths. I know a borked phone is really frustrating. Next, read Leslie's guide in the link below. There is a lot of information and a lot of links within the information to MORE information. I don't know just what ROM manager has done to your phone as I have never used it, so I can't be much help on the details of fixing your phone.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is to READ, READ, READ before you make any major change to your phone. Don't stop at the original post. Look further in to see what problems other users have faced and how they were fixed. Take notes. Make a checklist of the steps you will be taking so you don't forget something.

Can you provide us with some details of what you do have working? Does your recovery work? Do you have a back-up you can revert to? Does your current ROM boot? Do you have ADB access from a PC? The more detail you can provide, the better service you -should- expect.

And one last thing - If you have something negative to share, share the FACTS only - no negative opinions. To say that anything sucks on here is not constructive and gives us NO clue as to what is not working.

Best of luck!! ;)

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...012-optimus-v-reference-guide-start-here.html

Last edited:

StingDrop

May 3, 2012
Visit site
This rom doesn't suck tdm is doing a great job maybe just maybe u shouldn't of use from manager no u didn't read his op so don't disrespect the rom its your fault for not reading info on what you do but anyways best thing you can do is return to stock to fix all your problems or load a recovery backup

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This rom doesn't suck tdm is doing a great job maybe just maybe u shouldn't of use from manager no u didn't read his op so don't disrespect the rom its your fault for not reading info on what you do but anyways best thing you can do is return to stock to fix all your problems or load a recovery backup

Sent from my VM670 using Xparent ICS Blue Tapatalk 2

I already addressed this situation a couple post up. I do believe the member realizes they did something wrong and has gone into "panic" mode as we all do.

I'm sure tdm and other devs has seen these types of posts before and doesn't take it personally.

No need to carry this onward any further.

Thank you.

Reactions: bbrowe

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I already addressed this situation a couple post up. I do believe the member realizes they did something wrong and has gone into "panic" mode as we all do.

I'm sure tdm and other devs has seen these types of posts before and doesn't take it personally.

No need to carry this onward any further.

Thank you.

It's too bad that there are people on tapatalk that don't realize you are a moderator and aren't listening to you.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Reactions: tvall

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's too bad that there are people on tapatalk that don't realize you are a moderator and aren't listening to you.

Sent from my LG-VM670
+1 on that.. Maybe this is something that should be suggested to Tapatalk for future update.

Carry on.

Paul627g
Moderator.

smokinjoe2122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
My first post here. I have my brother and 2 friends who have OV, and I always use my brother's phone as a guinea pig, and so far I gotta say these ROMs are pretty awesome for an Alpha build. I set him up using the AOKP build and it's really smooth. Obviously there are a few bugs here and there.

The dialer had some issues, so I just replaced that with exDialer and a nice ICS theme.

Getting the CPU and gov. settings tweaked was difficult, but I have it running fairly stable at 320mhz - 729mhz and interactive. It does have its days where it just randomly reboots without warning or error, but I know that's a bug issue.

I turned it into a nice daily driver for him. Looking forward to the updates, and thank you for all your hard work Devs!

Reactions: tdm

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Still wishing Google Music would stream (or at least download) on these ICS ROMs. I even tried older versions of the software (all the way back to 3.0.1) and they all have the same problem. I downloaded Netsky Browser for it's HTML5 support and tried just playing music from the site, which is so slow it's unusable on our phones. I just wish I could remember which alpha it worked on before.

chucksaysblah

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Still wishing Google Music would stream (or at least download) on these ICS ROMs. I even tried older versions of the software (all the way back to 3.0.1) and they all have the same problem. I downloaded Netsky Browser for it's HTML5 support and tried just playing music from the site, which is so slow it's unusable on our phones. I just wish I could remember which alpha it worked on before.

i stream using audio galaxy it streams music right off of your pc at home. You install the helper on your pc and leave it running and access it via 3g with the app. Works great for me

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site

It's not just on these builds, but CAI has the same issue. I'm sure if it's been fixed for the OS it should be fixed for the OV right away

Sent from my LG-VM670 running IHO MiRaGe using Tapatalk

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Google Music Force Close Fix

From my research, there is a problem with the Hosts file not being formatted properly. Could be wrong, but I changed the format to Unix text as opposed to the Windows/DOS format it was originally in, and it fixed it.

Use a root file manager to replace the 'hosts' file with the one included in the archive in the /etc/ folder, or use ADB. "adb push hosts /etc/"

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/72059024/hosts

Last edited:
Reactions: cmerlyn and tdm
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87