ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
man ive checked in for the update about 10 million times today.....lol not complaining just sayin if their was a way to be notified via email when it came that would be sweet. i feel like a 10 yr old before christmas:D:D:D:D:D:D

For everyone else's sakes, I hope tdm is not doing what I would do if I was a dev....

I'd be putting off the release by a day on purpose and lol at everyone wetting themselves in anticipation. :p

benslgdroid

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
So I finally decided to try this today and it ran amazing the only problem I had was I couldn't batch restore through titanium then I couldn't restore anything. Any idea on how to get this to work?

thewraith420

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an OV next week and this will be the first rom I try (after activation, of course). Too excited!

Just know that this generally shouldn't be the first rom to try.. it IS alpha and does have bugs that are being worked on. Best bet would be to play with IHO before diving into alpha builds

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

cpcollector

May 17, 2012
Visit site
Just know that this generally shouldn't be the first rom to try.. it IS alpha and does have bugs that are being worked on. Best bet would be to play with IHO before diving into alpha builds

not really, I came from IHO and this ROM has been faster and just as stable.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

That depends on your definition of stable. Camera (a basic function) does not work fully on ics yet, and gallery is not entirely functional since it still glitches. There are some freezes and hang ups also in the UI that need work. There's good reason its still an alpha not a beta. For basic function, without applying tons of fixes or tweaking build props, IHO is much better. There is no way to argue that this alpha (meaning unstable) is more stable than thoroughly tested cm7.

Reactions: thewraith420

cpcollector

May 17, 2012
Visit site
That's true, however those are minor issues and easily corrected. camera works fine for me and I use quickpic, and for the average user this rom is fine especially since the new build should fix a lot of the issues.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

the point he made is still very much valid because its labeled ALPHA . Hes not telling anyone to stop from trying it, hes just giving his advice.

its not a daily driver, end of story .. if it was then it would be a done ROM. Some people CHOOSE to use it as a daily rom and thats awesome ive done it too.

Its very debatable that its as stable as IHO, ill give you fast though... and i think its safe to say we all agree that its not as stable as IHO by a long shot .. just because you can boot and call and text does not make it just as or more stable than IHO

Reactions: thewraith420

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
That's true, however those are minor issues and easily corrected. camera works fine for me and I use quickpic, and for the average user this rom is fine especially since the new build should fix a lot of the issues.

Those are not minor issues. Camera is a major function of my phone. I cannot take a picture without being able to see the preview. Gallery is integrated into the system and its annoying to have it open by default when you select something and the have it crash. Offline charging does not work either, nor does Bluetooth, nor does the built in tethering that many use. Yeah maybe you can use a third party app for that but it was not working for me the other day for no apparent reason. When things happen and are not fixable and for no apparent reason, then its safe to say its unstable. Check the original post. There are a bunch of issues that are not working, and I am sorry to say that it seems whenever I need my darn camera are the days I just happen to be running ice, and the lack of a functional camera has been a problem.

If your phone is missing functions that it came with out of the box, it is not running stably.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
For those waiting on an update, stop checking. It won't be released until Monday at the earliest. I got distracted with my ROM updater last week so I didn't really get any builds made. Sorry but.. well.. It's what I felt like doing last week. I am aware there are issues with a10pre1 and I'm working in them. The phone fc is particularly annoying me at the moment.

Tejer

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
For those waiting on an update, stop checking. It won't be released until Monday at the earliest. I got distracted with my ROM updater last week so I didn't really get any builds made. Sorry but.. well.. It's what I felt like doing last week. I am aware there are issues with a10pre1 and I'm working in them. The phone fc is particularly annoying me at the moment.

So, it will still be out tonight, right? ;)

[/sarcasm]

I think everyone can and WILL survive just fine.

colossus3874

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I must admit that I check the thread constantly for an update but in no way would ever rush you TDM. You have a life and things you want to do so do them. We will live........I think

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Camera is a major function of my phone. I cannot take a picture without being able to see the preview. Gallery is integrated into the system and its annoying to have it open by default when you select something and the have it crash. Offline charging does not work either, nor does Bluetooth, nor does the built in tethering that many use.

What version are you running? Wiping correctly? Camera preview works fine. Pretty sure offline charging does as well, and I've used Bluetooth tethering on this rom just fine. There is a certain third party app that works for WiFi tethering, I don't remember which one it is because I don't need to tether, and that shouldn't be a consideration of stability for daily use. Gallery is a valid complaint, but Quickpic is a very nice alternative (an improvement, in my opinion).

The problems I have with this ROM however actually have to do with stability, which is simply random app closes, but certainly not a lot or very often at all.

TDM: Here's something strange. Maybe my SD card is going bad, but I wanted to edit a couple of photos quickly on my phone, so I downloaded Photoshop Express, and it wouldn't let me save any photos. No biggie. Tried another app (Picsart) and it popped up an error about my SD card being unavailable. Any thoughts on this? I can read / write just fine using Wi-Fi File Transfer, take pictures and they save, etc... Just bad eggs of applications or could there be backend problems with the SD card that we don't know about?

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
What version are you running? Wiping correctly? Camera preview works fine. Pretty sure offline charging does as well, and I've used Bluetooth tethering on this rom just fine. There is a certain third party app that works for WiFi tethering, I don't remember which one it is because I don't need to tether, and that shouldn't be a consideration of stability for daily use. Gallery is a valid complaint, but Quickpic is a very nice alternative (an improvement, in my opinion).

The problems I have with this ROM however actually have to do with stability, which is simply random app closes, but certainly not a lot or very often at all.

TDM: Here's something strange. Maybe my SD card is going bad, but I wanted to edit a couple of photos quickly on my phone, so I downloaded Photoshop Express, and it wouldn't let me save any photos. No biggie. Tried another app (Picsart) and it popped up an error about my SD card being unavailable. Any thoughts on this? I can read / write just fine using Wi-Fi File Transfer, take pictures and they save, etc... Just bad eggs of applications or could there be backend problems with the SD card that we don't know about?

No idea about the sdcard. Does iho have the same issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty