tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I get:

LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" ||
assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "LS670" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "LS670" ||
E:Error in /sdcard/quattrimus-LS670-cm9-beta1pre1.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

What are the values of these props in your recovery?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
No go :( Installed fine. Got it up log enough to get the settings menu open and rebooted. Then it gets to the lockscreen and freezes until it eventually reboots or I pull the battery. Haven't gotten further than a frozen lockscreen since. Oh well, maybe next update.

Reactions: topdawg661

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
TDM is there any major specific difference between cm9 pre3 and beta1 that would change how the phone reacts to it? I've got pre3 up and seems to be running fine with just an occasional reboot. I can't get any of the three alpha 10's or beta1 to play nice with this phone to save my life....and this is the replacement phone I just got yesterday morning..

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Welcome back. What phone did you brick?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

I fully hard bricked my T-Mobile Samsung Exhibit II 4G by accidently flashing an SGS2 ROM when I was half asleep and the recovery didn't have that double check before flashing safety feature.
Phones flashed without accident: So many I lost count a long time ago. 1

Well it least it was mine and not someone else's. I came pretty close with that last SGS4G. Anyway, I got a Nexus and now I can track this thread better.

Glad to hear Gannon is back, Good devs are the foundation of successful ROMs. Still willing to help with compiling since I don't really have much else to work on atm.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Octahedron

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Only problems so far are the keyboard being cut off and roaming indicator off. Also, when you turn on lockscreen weather it cuts off the bottom of the lockscreen.

Reactions: suku92

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried flashing cm9 Reloaded and I kept getting constant "system.ui has stopped" messages, so I ended up reflashing again. Other than the keyboard cutoff and roaming indicator message, it seems to run quite well.

Nick23n

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Haven't had any problems with this pre beta rom. Everything works as it should. No force closes with Google play. Even the edit feature in the gallery app works. Only minor problem is the keyboard but I can download another one until this is fixed.
P.s.: great job to everyone who has contributed to this fantastic rom.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Searching this more (I get the feeling that you and drew do not communicate?)

The CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7 recovery build th8.1: Build.prop fixes (changed thunderc_LS670 to thunderc to allow installation of Cold as Ice (and possibly other CM-based ROMS).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...mt-recovery-5-0-2-7-th8-1-froyo-friendly.html

I can flash your LS670 pre1beta1 with that CWMT recovery

and he states "Was it something to do with assert and/or getprop? If so, it's not a bug in the recovery. Tell tdm to remove the asserts from his updater-script." in post# 149 here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-v1-0-6-goomanager-support-4.html#post1853982

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Here is his response.

Cannibal Open Touch is built against pure IHO source, here's the prop values:

ro.product.device: thunderc_LS670
ro.build.product: thunderc_LS670

I failed to modify them for this build but honestly any recovery built against pure IHO will have the same issue. I'm tired of manually fixing it for every build. The assert commands are next to useless anyway.

LG-LS670 w thekraven ICS linaro alpha 14 + 6/11 patch & Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tdm

tlrsax54

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Installed the pre-beta for the S...running great!! Only the same small things mentioned before, roaming indicator and keyboard is chopped off...smooth so far, nice work!!

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed about a hour or so and....same keyboard issue and roaming indicator off issues so far I'm oc at 480/825 . TDM this rom is sick . Just got a question the 3g indicator can it be changed it's kinda hard to tell if I got 3g. I'll report back after I put it through some use. Peace

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh man this is quite the smooth build. Everything is running great and the only problem I see is the keyboard cutoff like everyone else seems to be having also. The wait was well worth it and I want to thank everyone who has helped in the progress of this ROM and especially tdm for the dedication you have shown putting this thread together and keeping everyone up to date.

Reactions: tdm and Badboytoast
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch