ARCHIVED: [ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
You can hold the power, increase volume, and back buttons while power is off and it should take you back to the recovery screen. After that reflash the ROM and see if that works.

purpulehaze

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
ok aside from the roaming off and the keyboard the rom seems great :) i will be looking foward to aokp tho since thats the one im using now and am familiar with :) only big thing i see aproblem with is the mic. when i did a few test calls and even reflashed the rom, the mic dosent seem to work on calls. i saw that someone mentioned something similar earlier. youtube is finaly working quite well for me finally, it no longer seems to be choppy although i experoenced some lag with the keyboard while a video was playing a few times. the rom is looking great tdm cant wait for the rest :)

on a side note when will we see some CID vs APPLE pics lol i wanna see a pic of sid glaring apple down with his angry face lol

cmerlyn

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Woo hoo, Beta pre1! Try Videocam Illusion, works fine for me. CAI had the same video problem, and that was the solution for it. I am using the Swipe Beta keyboard, working fine.
I am just so glad to be back on Quattrimus. Cold As Ice was OK, ran pretty well, but Quattrimus just seems a few notches better.
Great work on this, tdm. So far, everything works for me.:cool:

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
So the reboot issues seem to be taken care of? (ill be downloading as soon as I get home so I just wanted to make sure :p) thanks tdm for the amazing Work once again. :) :D

Sent from my Cybertronian QuattrOV using Tapatalk 2000 (Now With Teleka-Typing!!!!)

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
TDM is there any major specific difference between cm9 pre3 and beta1 that would change how the phone reacts to it? I've got pre3 up and seems to be running fine with just an occasional reboot. I can't get any of the three alpha 10's or beta1 to play nice with this phone to save my life....and this is the replacement phone I just got yesterday morning..

Can't think of anything, really.

The kernel is the major cause for reboots (real reboots with the LG logo, not quick system restarts). It's the same kernel code between the two versions.

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Searching this more (I get the feeling that you and drew do not communicate?)

The CWMT Recovery v5.0.2.7 recovery build th8.1: Build.prop fixes (changed thunderc_LS670 to thunderc to allow installation of Cold as Ice (and possibly other CM-based ROMS).
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...mt-recovery-5-0-2-7-th8-1-froyo-friendly.html

I can flash your LS670 pre1beta1 with that CWMT recovery

and he states "Was it something to do with assert and/or getprop? If so, it's not a bug in the recovery. Tell tdm to remove the asserts from his updater-script." in post# 149 here.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...-v1-0-6-goomanager-support-4.html#post1853982

We do communicate, but not probably not as much as we should... too busy doing cool stuff, I guess. ;)

As for removing asserts, well, it's a bad idea and I won't do it. But I will add the IHO string to my assert list. :D

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Okay here's my immediate todo-list from comments today:

x LatinIME dimensions
x Roaming indicator on lock screen
* Weather cut off on lock screen
x assert device for iho recoveries
* mic for calls
* bluetooth for audio calls

And here are some todo items on the back burner:

* find and use real bluetooth mac
* make tethering work

The ones marked "x" should be done in the daily build tomorrow AM. We'll see...

YoshinJaa

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Now by daily build do you mean updating on goo.im or using RomKeeper? I haven't tried keeper yet but if so can you post a download link to it in the OP? Thanks

EDIT: I went to go check my battery stats in settings and i got Battery Usage Data not Available. I don't know if it just my phone, but it charges and discharges normally so maybe that is another issue?

lerxst_x

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Regarding the mic problem, is the actual mic on the phone itself working, and headset / blue tooth not?

Would love to jump in and do some testing, but my this is my only phone.

Thanks for your efforts on the rom.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

radditz145

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Where could I find the download for beta pre? (Sorry if asked before I haven't seen anything with a link of it)

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

gerbalblaste

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Introducing quattrimus: ICS for the Optimus V
Where do I file bug reports?
First, look through this thread to see if your issue is known. If not, mention the issue in this thread and someone should respond soon.

There is a bug tracker here. If it becomes more of an annoyance to me than a help, I'll turn it off or just ignore it, so please use it wisely:

I don't know if someone has pointed this out (The thread is too freakin huge), but the bug tracker link is busted.

Reactions: tdm

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Gaah .. cyanogen himself broke the build overnight, so my very first nightly failed. :'(

Trying to fix and rebuild...

tdm

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Now by daily build do you mean updating on goo.im or using RomKeeper? I haven't tried keeper yet but if so can you post a download link to it in the OP? Thanks

EDIT: I went to go check my battery stats in settings and i got Battery Usage Data not Available. I don't know if it just my phone, but it charges and discharges normally so maybe that is another issue?

The daily builds will be published as rdiff deltas to the hosting providers (vmroms, talkingtontech, goo.im). You will be able to use RomKeeper to update your local ROM.

Reactions: YoshinJaa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty