08-10-2012 10:19 AM
207 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Make it free on play store
    I will be doing that tonight. I'm thinking there needs to be a better way to detect if the user downloaded a recovery because flash image gui does mess up trying to find the recovery.
    mlson likes this.
    08-03-2012 11:33 AM
    Im quoting this because Im lazy and dont want to find hte post I wanted to quote :P.

dmmarck I contacted koush last year about getting the recovery removed. I posted the conversation in a post on the first page of this thread. He passed me off to his associate and then ignored me. I emailed him and even tweeted him for over two weeks trying to get some information on how to get the device removed. I never heard back. Once they said the recoveries didnt come from their repos they were done with it.

I am not going to call him a scammer but he has defrauded several people by taking their money and when they tried to get a refund because even tho it said it was compatible with their phone it really wasnt he refused. To me that is defrauding people.

I also know his primary work is the recovery, but you cant ignore one product just because its a side project. Especially when the side project is how you get the steak and eggs.

Forgive those of use that are upset and simply tired of dealing with this. Any reasonable person would look into the situation and see what we are talking about and address it. But we cant even get him to act like he gives a crap.
    This pretty much sums it up. Nothing further, your honor
    mlson likes this.
    08-03-2012 01:09 PM
    While reading /r/android I seen this. Just goes further to cement how much of a jerk he is.

please help: DeskSMS-Dev screwed me over : Android
    mlson and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    08-03-2012 02:18 PM
    Drew, I'm all for your recovery. Best I've used in a very long time. Problem is, that ROM Manager has made such a name for itself that noobs even know what it is. They could only see your recovery by going into the forums. And if they do go into the forums, they would obviously know about the ROM Manager stuff. If there was a way to get yours on an app, like goo manager, then get a nice name for it on Google and stuff so that when people Google how to root optimus v or how to install recovery on optimus v, they would be referenced to your recovery. Know where I'm coming from?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    mlson and topdawg661 like this.
    08-03-2012 02:39 PM
    The problem is is that rom manager is a one of a kind app. There is no competition... its difficult to make the world believe and back the fact that the developer of THE recovery that EVERYONE used (ports or otherwise) for a long time is a jerk.
    08-03-2012 03:23 PM
    Then we should make a competitor, but better.

Lets see....

- device detection with the option to override it with a manual selection.
    - ability to download and flash recovery or use user supplied one
    - rom manager like app list, maintained by rom developers (kinda like backside updater..)
    - completely open source
    - some other awesome feature

Anyone here awesome at making apps? I still need to learn. Of no one else does this, I will after I learn more
    08-03-2012 04:19 PM
    Device detection is as simple as reading from the build.prop of a device. We could kang tdms code for his rom keeper but basically the hard part is that we need a compatible recovery.
    sellers86 and flapjack.fiasco like this.
    08-03-2012 04:23 PM
    Device detection is as simple as reading from the build.prop of a device. We could kang tdms code for his rom keeper but basically the hard part is that we need a compatible recovery.
    I'm sure drew could get cannibal working with it.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk
    08-03-2012 04:38 PM
    Is cannibal built from clockwork source or is it completely its own?
    08-03-2012 05:30 PM
    Its loosely based on cwm.
    anthonycr likes this.
    08-03-2012 05:46 PM
    We could use Jerry's Backside updater and combine it with Rom Keeper

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 07:18 PM
    We could use Jerry's Backside updater and combine it with Rom Keeper

Sent from my shole using Tapatalk 2
    Who's doing all the coding, eh?
    08-03-2012 07:30 PM
    We need Jerry back

Sent from my Optimus V running OSZVJ firmware on MetroPCS using HydroROM.
    bornagainpenguin likes this.
    08-03-2012 08:27 PM
    I've already cloned romkeeper and backside updater to use as a reference. I'm a noob at this so if I try, ill need a lot of help. We need Jerry....
    08-03-2012 08:58 PM
    I've already cloned romkeeper and backside updater to use as a reference. I'm a noob at this so if I try, ill need a lot of help. We need Jerry....
    He still checks xda...

08-03-2012 09:28 PM
    He still checks xda...

He is active on YouTube, check out his projects they are pretty cool. But don't bug him about developing on there, let the guy have his distance if that's what he wants

sent from my Nokia 5110
    08-03-2012 09:52 PM
    Its loosely based on cwm.
    Back in the CWMT days, it was largely just CWM with the touch-screen buttons (and a few Xionia-specific changes). Now it's becoming something that barely resembles official CWM anymore (in fact sometimes I find myself forgetting that Cannibal was originally based on CWM!).

We're basically rewriting a lot of the core code in a way that will (in the future) allow us to have a single codebase supporting all devices.

HINT: that's why we haven't released an update in a while.
    08-03-2012 10:04 PM
    08-03-2012 10:13 PM
    Well this is a pleasant surprise.
    08-03-2012 10:18 PM
    Possible resolution at last? I'm holding on to some glimmer of hope, but I'm not holding my breath. Let's see where this goes...

Who's got a kernel ready? I'm just finishing moving, and I still don't have internet, or even have my computer set up yet. Only working with my trusty phone here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2
    08-03-2012 10:30 PM
    tvall already provided him with a kernel. Now when/if he fixes it.
    08-03-2012 10:41 PM
    tvall already provided him with a kernel. Now when/if he fixes it.
    Thank you tvall! And thanks again to sellers86 for getting the ball rolling! And thanks to everyone who has contributed to the campaign or just the conversation. Even if we don't get satisfaction here, we've seen what this community can do with the right motivation. I'm honestly so impressed with all of you!

08-03-2012 11:20 PM
    The little phone and community that could.....

08-04-2012 02:05 AM

No joke.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-04-2012 03:13 AM

More like the little phone and community that did.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
    08-04-2012 03:48 AM
207 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD