Operation KRUSH KOUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
He is not working on it! That is the problem! He has been contacted multiple times and refuses to fix it! I told him the problem and he said how exactly is a black screen a brick. I got nothing more from him.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Well, does the phone work? People throw around the term brick a lot, and I'm sure he's aware of that difference (for instance, if it can boot up and be restored, it's a soft brick). Not saying it doesn't legitimately "hard" brick devices, but that if it's just a black screen I can see his point in questioning it.

The only issue I see with the approach discussed recently is that calling him names is not only (1) not very nice, and (2) may cause him to ignore legitimate complaints, which you have.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, does the phone work? People throw around the term brick a lot, and I'm sure he's aware of that difference (for instance, if it can boot up and be restored, it's a soft brick). Not saying it doesn't legitimately "hard" brick devices, but that if it's just a black screen I can see his point in questioning it.

The only issue I see with the approach discussed recently is that calling him names is not only (1) not very nice, and (2) may cause him to ignore legitimate complaints, which you have.

What I said to him was it makes noobs think they are bricked. I never in any way told him it was a legit brick.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
What I said to him was it makes noobs think they are bricked. I never in any way told him it was a legit brick.

Ok, well that's at least a good point to be made lol.

Well good luck; my only point of entrance here is that I don't appreciate name calling, because honestly, it completely demeans the legitimate argument you all have.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

It flashes an incompatible recovery on our phones so when noobs download it they flash the recovery and then flash a rom that's probably not compatible and then their recovery AND normal OS is bricked. That said... I installed it on my OV just now and this is what I get....

42570481-9ce9-166b.jpg

Looks like to me that you have to be a complete moron to use this because anyone with a brain knows that those phones are not Optimus V's. I don't understand why the p500 isn't shown because it's supported and very similar to the OV.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Ok, well that's at least a good point to be made lol.

Well good luck; my only point of entrance here is that I don't appreciate name calling, because honestly, it completely demeans the legitimate argument you all have.

Ad hominem is always a great way to lose an argument.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Ad hominem is always a great way to lose an argument.

Yup. Any time you shift the focus from your argument to something belittling/negative as a means of trying to strengthen your argument, you do the opposite.

I'd like to see this post/thread do something of merit for our community, and resorting to belittling comments, unfortunately, doesn't do that--regardless of real frustrations/feelings/emotions.

Reactions: lattimorej1986

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
It flashes an incompatible recovery on our phones so when noobs download it they flash the recovery and then flash a rom that's probably not compatible and then their recovery AND normal OS is bricked. That said... I installed it on my OV just now and this is what I get....

Click to view quoted image

Looks like to me that you have to be a complete moron to use this because anyone with a brain knows that those phones are not Optimus V's. I don't understand why the p500 isn't shown because it's supported and very similar to the OV.

It's because your on ics, I think. It shows up for me on gb

Reactions: anthonycr

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
You all should be on TWRP anyway, if it's available. :p

I like TWRP2, if only because they released the source code. Koush did NOT release the source for the "official" CWM Touch recovery.

Also, did anyone notice the background image in CWM 6? Looks strangely like the iOS notification center background.... wait, Koush owns an iPhone.

But I have to disagree with the above statement. You should all be on Cannibal Open Touch. We're doing some HUGE things with it right now, just check the bitbucket changelog ;)

As an added bonus, we have OpenRecoveryScript support so Goo Manager works :cool:

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
I like TWRP2, if only because they released the source code. Koush did NOT release the source for the "official" CWM Touch recovery.

Also, did anyone notice the background image in CWM 6? Looks strangely like the iOS notification center background.... wait, Koush owns an iPhone.

But I have to disagree with the above statement. You should all be on Cannibal Open Touch. We're doing some HUGE things with it right now, just check the bitbucket changelog ;)

As an added bonus, we have OpenRecoveryScript support so Goo Manager works :cool:

I'm still on cwmt. I have way to many backups that I switch back and forth regularly. But if I ever feel the need, ill make the switch. And about the background, yes. You are completely right.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Let me amend my statement: we should support our devs and use Cannibal Touch :). If that is unavailable, use TWRP. If that is unavailable, then I guess...well...I have no idea ;).

Open Recoveries are the Best Recoveries.

Reactions: mlson and sellers86

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Some past bricks

Here's something to start with:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg...79-lg-optimus-v-bricked-please-help-soon.html 3rd post says he used rom manager
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...hile-installing-backside-rom-please-help.html
Extreme Problem of a Bricked Optimus V - xda-developers
http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...31-bricked-my-lg-optimus-v-beyond-repair.html post 15 says he used rom manager
Bricked LG Optimus V HELP!? - Yahoo! Answers
http://forums.androidcentral.com/virgin-mobile-optimus-v/164908-bricked-phone.html#post1683710 post number 3 says he used RM
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/196222-optimus-v-did-i-brick.html
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/148658-brick-help.html
http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-...uck-boot-loop-no-recovery-emergency-mode.html OP says he used RM.....and post 24 says only optimus c recovery was available....post 36 has another brick (I teamviewed that guy and fixed it lol)

Quotes from website ROM Manager (Premium) Android application - AppStoreHQ
Ritesh Bansal said:
1.0 stars
Misleading. DOES NOT WORK FOR OPTIMUS V. The dev should clarify that instead of letting folks blow money on a useless app!
Darran said:
1.0 stars
No rom listings if you have an LG optimus v. No response from developer. Tried on 2 phones with multiple roms and recoverys. Waste of money for me.

Quotes from web site http://www.appstorehq.com/rommanager-android-175586/app
rafael said:
1.0 stars
What did do with amazing app ?! I used before was perfect, now for the changes on this app my phone now just black screen on recovery, LG OPTIMUS V..

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Let me amend my statement: we should support our devs and use Cannibal Touch :). If that is unavailable, use TWRP. If that is unavailable, then I guess...well...I have no idea ;).

Open Recoveries are the Best Recoveries.

+1, amendment accepted :p

And yes I agree. Koush not releasing sources is way uncool. Not illegal since it's not technically GPL, just uncool.

sammyz

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thread cleaned, link sent to Koush via Twitter and G+, specifically linking to the post right above this one.

I will add more to that post so that this thread is not full of clutter.

Edit: If anyone else finds any, please PM the links, I will give credit to whom it is owed. ROM Manager bricks only, if caused by factory reset, I don't want it.

If it's an optimus s brick, I don't want it. Optimus S don't have a recovery for RM.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty