Operation KRUSH KOUSH

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have been using COT and it is rock solid and reliable in addition to very useful touch controls. Everything I need works, even QPST works for updating the PRL's in COT. The only problem is the name. But I can't complain about it given that we got used to a name like "Inferior Human Organs" ... now comes the "Cannibal Open Touch" :)

Thanks for the recovery, Drew and team Hydro.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My answer to Rom Manager. Take this.

425704ab-40d2-dcea.jpg

More like another version of flash image gui but its all I have skills for at the moment.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Well, does the phone work? People throw around the term brick a lot, and I'm sure he's aware of that difference (for instance, if it can boot up and be restored, it's a soft brick). Not saying it doesn't legitimately "hard" brick devices, but that if it's just a black screen I can see his point in questioning it.

The only issue I see with the approach discussed recently is that calling him names is not only (1) not very nice, and (2) may cause him to ignore legitimate complaints, which you have.

Im quoting this because Im lazy and dont want to find hte post I wanted to quote :p.

dmmarck I contacted koush last year about getting the recovery removed. I posted the conversation in a post on the first page of this thread. He passed me off to his associate and then ignored me. I emailed him and even tweeted him for over two weeks trying to get some information on how to get the device removed. I never heard back. Once they said the recoveries didnt come from their repos they were done with it.

I am not going to call him a scammer but he has defrauded several people by taking their money and when they tried to get a refund because even tho it said it was compatible with their phone it really wasnt he refused. To me that is defrauding people.

I also know his primary work is the recovery, but you cant ignore one product just because its a side project. Especially when the side project is how you get the steak and eggs.

Forgive those of use that are upset and simply tired of dealing with this. Any reasonable person would look into the situation and see what we are talking about and address it. But we cant even get him to act like he gives a crap.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Im quoting this because Im lazy and dont want to find hte post I wanted to quote :p.

dmmarck I contacted koush last year about getting the recovery removed. I posted the conversation in a post on the first page of this thread. He passed me off to his associate and then ignored me. I emailed him and even tweeted him for over two weeks trying to get some information on how to get the device removed. I never heard back. Once they said the recoveries didnt come from their repos they were done with it.

I am not going to call him a scammer but he has defrauded several people by taking their money and when they tried to get a refund because even tho it said it was compatible with their phone it really wasnt he refused. To me that is defrauding people.

I also know his primary work is the recovery, but you cant ignore one product just because its a side project. Especially when the side project is how you get the steak and eggs.

Forgive those of use that are upset and simply tired of dealing with this. Any reasonable person would look into the situation and see what we are talking about and address it. But we cant even get him to act like he gives a crap.

This pretty much sums it up. Nothing further, your honor :p

rukin5197

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Drew, I'm all for your recovery. Best I've used in a very long time. Problem is, that ROM Manager has made such a name for itself that noobs even know what it is. They could only see your recovery by going into the forums. And if they do go into the forums, they would obviously know about the ROM Manager stuff. If there was a way to get yours on an app, like goo manager, then get a nice name for it on Google and stuff so that when people Google how to root optimus v or how to install recovery on optimus v, they would be referenced to your recovery. Know where I'm coming from? :(

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: topdawg661

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The problem is is that rom manager is a one of a kind app. There is no competition... its difficult to make the world believe and back the fact that the developer of THE recovery that EVERYONE used (ports or otherwise) for a long time is a jerk.

tvall

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Then we should make a competitor, but better.

Lets see....

- device detection with the option to override it with a manual selection.
- ability to download and flash recovery or use user supplied one
- rom manager like app list, maintained by rom developers (kinda like backside updater..)
- completely open source
- some other awesome feature

Anyone here awesome at making apps? I still need to learn. Of no one else does this, I will after I learn more

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Device detection is as simple as reading from the build.prop of a device. We could kang tdms code for his rom keeper but basically the hard part is that we need a compatible recovery.

I'm sure drew could get cannibal working with it.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.