05-01-2012 01:03 AM
1,740 ... 5657585960 ...
tools
    1. Back up your phone.
    2. Flash a Froyo rom.
    3. Run the activate app.
    4. Restore your backup.

Is that "Confirmed" to work?
    That's the only way to run the VM activate app when on this rom.
    06-14-2011 01:47 PM
    I just helped another user with the exact same method two days ago. It does work, and as mmarz says, it's the only way to run the activate app.
    06-14-2011 02:04 PM
    The other way you can do it is to do a cold boot, pull your battery for 10 minutes and put it back in, it reset my radios and my 3g worked alot better
    06-14-2011 02:53 PM
    1. Back up your phone.
    2. Flash a Froyo rom.
    3. Run the activate app.
    4. Restore your backup.
    That fixed it, thanks alot.
    06-14-2011 06:51 PM
    Anyone having bluetooth problems?

With the 0601 version of AOSP, the phone forgets my bluetooth pairing every time I reboot the phone.

So I have to press the pairing button on my BT device, tell the phone to scane for devices, and pair the device every time.
    Actually, I've been experiencing this same problem with bluetooth since the 5/23 ROM... Also, I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one experiencing failed installs of 6/1 ROM using the ROM Manager and CWMOD 3.2... Any word on when this will sorted out?
    06-14-2011 10:31 PM
    So is the camera and autofocus working properly with this latest release, or not? I'm seeing mixed reports... does it have something to do with what recovery used to flash the ROM?
    06-14-2011 10:34 PM
    So is the camera and autofocus working properly with this latest release, or not? I'm seeing mixed reports... does it have something to do with what recovery used to flash the ROM?
    the zoom issue is with the rom not the recovery
    06-14-2011 10:52 PM
    please nobody kill me. but.... ive been goin through these pages and i cant find the solution to the a problem im having. picture messages i receive come in as 9999999999 and a bunch of symbols. help please. other than that this rom is beautiful.
    06-14-2011 11:10 PM
    please nobody kill me. but.... ive been goin through these pages and i cant find the solution to the a problem im having. picture messages i receive come in as 9999999999 and a bunch of symbols. help please. other than that this rom is beautiful.
    Your aren't using the newest build...get it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk
    JDMlvr22 likes this.
    06-14-2011 11:13 PM
    [QUOTE=Kreatur3;998278]Your aren't using the newest build...get it.

Sent from my VM670 using TapatalkOK i know your gonna want to kill me. But where is the new build. GOD im such a noob. I dont even know how i mangaed to get this rom working
    06-14-2011 11:15 PM
    is this the newest build? aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip
    06-14-2011 11:25 PM
    is this the newest build? aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip
    There are two fire that release. One with working and one with broken mms.you will have to find which that is cause I don't know but that is the newest build.

06-14-2011 11:30 PM
    Until ROM Manager gets the manifest issue sorted out, here's how you can use it to grab the latest aospCM7 build.

1) Install ROM Manager
    2) Open ROM Manager
    3) Press your menu key
    4) Select Manual Flash Override
    5) Press OK at the Recovery warning
    6) Scroll down and select the LG Optimus One (not the Optimus V)
    7) Select ClockworkMod 3.x
    8) Press OK at the popup
    9) Press Download ROM
    10) Select aosp (even though it says 5/31/2011, just select it)
    11) Select aospCM0d-VM670-20110601-MMSFIXED
    12) Select Download
    13) At the ROM Pre-Installation popup, press Cancel
    14) Quit ROM Manager
    15) Use a file manager app to go into sdcard/clockworkmod/download/romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/255
    16) Copy or cut&paste aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip to the root of your sdcard
    17) Quit file manager
    18) Reboot into recovery (you should have clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed already, if not see below)
    19) Do a backup (nandroid)
    20) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    21) If you are coming from another ROM, format boot, system, data, and cache
    22) Install zip from sdcard and select the aospCMod zip file
    23) Install zip from sdcard and select gapps (see below if you don't already have it)
    24) Reboot system
    25) Enjoy

If you don't already have clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed, download it to your sdcard, open Terminal Emulator from the market, then type in
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_CLOCKWORKMOD.img

Here is the recomended recovery for aospCM7: aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img

If you don't have gapps, download it to your sdcard, then install after flashing the ROM

Here is the gapps: gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    06-15-2011 01:48 AM
    Until ROM Manager gets the manifest issue sorted out, here's how you can use it to grab the latest aospCM7 build.

1) Install ROM Manager
    2) Open ROM Manager
    3) Press your menu key
    4) Select Manual Flash Override
    5) Press OK at the Recovery warning
    6) Scroll down and select the LG Optimus One (not the Optimus V)
    7) Select ClockworkMod 3.x
    8) Press OK at the popup
    9) Press Download ROM
    10) Select aosp (even though it says 5/31/2011, just select it)
    11) Select aospCM0d-VM670-20110601-MMSFIXED
    12) Select Download
    13) At the ROM Pre-Installation popup, press Cancel
    14) Quit ROM Manager
    15) Use a file manager app to go into sdcard/clockworkmod/download/romshare.deployfu.com/downloads/322/255
    16) Copy or cut&paste aospCMod-VM670-20110601-signed.zip to the root of your sdcard
    17) Quit file manager
    18) Reboot into recovery (you should have clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed already, if not see below)
    19) Do a backup (nandroid)
    20) Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    21) If you are coming from another ROM, format boot, system, data, and cache
    22) Install zip from sdcard and select the aospCMod zip file
    23) Install zip from sdcard and select gapps (see below if you don't already have it)
    24) Reboot system
    25) Enjoy

If you don't already have clockworkmod 3.x.x.x installed, download it to your sdcard, open Terminal Emulator from the market, then type in
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_CLOCKWORKMOD.img

Here is the recomended recovery for aospCM7: aospCWMod-VM670-20110531.img

If you don't have gapps, download it to your sdcard, then install after flashing the ROM

Here is the gapps: gapps-gb-20110325-signed.zip
    There is no option to select LG Optimus One. I see V though.
    06-15-2011 11:36 AM
    There is in the newest version. Make sure you're updated first, and that you've hit "manual flash override"after hitting the menu button. There is an LG Optimus V option, but the ROMs aren't there for some reason...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    06-15-2011 11:55 AM
    There is in the newest version. Make sure you're updated first, and that you've hit "manual flash override"after hitting the menu button. There is an LG Optimus V option, but the ROMs aren't there for some reason...

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    The dev has to update it so that they show under Optimus V. Aosp has stated, however, that he is now going to go back to providing a mirror download link. Unfortunately people lately, at least a few, want to whine more about problems with rom manager than bugs or kudos to aosp for great work.
    06-15-2011 12:00 PM
    Why the latest rom still no txt w/ MSM
    06-15-2011 03:03 PM
    The dev has to update it so that they show under Optimus V. Aosp has stated, however, that he is now going to go back to providing a mirror download link. Unfortunately people lately, at least a few, want to whine more about problems with rom manager than bugs or kudos to aosp for great work.
    Show me one other rom that is only available via rom manager.

How the hell are people suppose to report bugs if they cant download the dang rom?
    Why should people give kudos for something that cant install?

I have no problem giving props when they are deserved.
    I wont however say thanks for something I can test or use.

Your statement is so full of fail.
    06-15-2011 03:25 PM
    Well, as has been stated, rom manager isn't a program created by aosp so the programming isn't his fault. I did however say that it was his fault, as far as I understand, that it didn't show under the v section. Not sure how that is full of fail. You are possibly one of the people that kept talking about how cool it would be to have it on rom manager...good day to you sir.

I don't have another phone to use roms on so can't answer your first question, which I'm sure was rhetorical anyway.

06-15-2011 04:12 PM
    Just a quick note - there is a new GAPPS in ROM Manager for 6/13
    It adds a Car Mode which is pretty neat... haven't played around with anything else yet to look for changes.
    06-15-2011 04:24 PM
    Is there a new 6/13 build because I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    06-15-2011 10:50 PM
    Is there a new 6/13 build because I can't find it anywhere.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    Not sure what made you think there is a new build, the latest aospCMod is 06/01MMSFIXED available in ROM Manager or from the deployfu website.

The past couple of weeks have left a bitter taste in many people's mouths over this ROM Manager manifest issue. However, if you are smart enough to flash a custom ROM, you are smart enough to figure out how to grab the zip file from the clockworkmod folder on your sdcard after downloading via ROM Manager. If you aren't, then perhaps you should do some more reading before you flash a custom ROM. (not saying this to anyone in particular, so please don't take offense, it's really common sense)

The dev behind aospCMod is a single person, with a life outside of this ROM. I appreciate all the hard work and effort that has gone into creating the most bleeding edge ROM available for the Optimus V. With that in mind, I think the dev deserves a little leeway with this ROM Manager manifest issue.
    06-16-2011 12:53 AM
    Well, as has been stated, rom manager isn't a program created by aosp so the programming isn't his fault. I did however say that it was his fault, as far as I understand, that it didn't show under the v section. Not sure how that is full of fail. You are possibly one of the people that kept talking about how cool it would be to have it on rom manager...good day to you sir.
    No you didnt. here since you forgot what you typed lemme requote it for you.

No where in that does it say its his fault for not updating it to RM. Other comments withstanding what I quoted doesnt blame asop for anything. At all.
    That said I also didnt like that the rom was only available via RM. But with the goings on at XDA I kinda understand asop wanting to find another method of getting the rom out. What I think he should have done is started posting it here. Or another forum that wouldnt end up giving him grief. I can think of one but not gonna publicly link it.

I don't have another phone to use roms on so can't answer your first question, which I'm sure was rhetorical anyway.

Nope was a valid question.
    Ask around if you dont know the answer.
    I have not seen a rom only available via rom manager.
    If a dev wants to get the rom in the wild they post the rom on as many android forums as possible.

The OP I quoted just rubbed me wrong, as your complaining about people whinning instead of giving kudos for a great rom. However nobody is going to say thanks for this rom I cant install. Or this rom is the ****, because well they dont know because THEY COULDNT INSTALL IT. And you have the nerve to call them whiners for wanting to install it but couldnt get it because of some funny business.

Hopefully you see the fail now.
    06-16-2011 02:49 AM
    Instructions for using ROM Manager have been posted multiple times, and even video tutorials, and they were even on aosp's twitter where everyone used to get the ROM link from. The direct link to the ROM has also been posted many times.

I know alot of people got frustrated by the manifest issues with ROM Manager, but the whole point of this community is that we helped each other out while the issues have been there. Hopefully, now that aosp has offered mirrored links, this won't be an issue anymore.

Regardless of the issues, KUDOS, THANKS, RESPECT, YOU THE MAN, ETC to aosp for making the most bleeding edge ROM available for the Optimus V, all on your own time, even though you do have a life!
    06-16-2011 03:14 AM
    I think Jerry might have an obsesive little crush on aosp. Calm down, your all over this forum and xda snapping at everyone who has something negative to say. You said aosp has a life, maybe you should get one too, its Not healthy to obsess over a phone
    and I would call aosp good, but definitely not bleeding edge
    06-16-2011 09:03 AM
1,740 ... 5657585960 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD