ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I tried to update via rom manager, and well it all worked fine wxcept it reboots before you can get gapps to install. SOOOO restore backup and try to manually install it. CANT FIND THE SILLY ZIP.

SO I will for now just for go the rom manager updates and hope somebody hosts the file..

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay I just flashed the 0531 OTA from Web Connect. Rom Manager works great!

Also, my battery is now draining insanely fast! I've lost almost a quarter of the battery in 20 minutes. Anyone notice any changes yet?

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I tried to update via rom manager, and well it all worked fine wxcept it reboots before you can get gapps to install. SOOOO restore backup and try to manually install it. CANT FIND THE SILLY ZIP.

SO I will for now just for go the rom manager updates and hope somebody hosts the file..
After it reboots, just go back to recovery and flash gapps. It's an extra reboot, but that seems to be the only way to do it unless you download the update from another mirror.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
i might just wait on this update unless there's something significantly better. since i installed the xionia kernel, i've been a happy camper.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Won't possibly be able to tell for at least a day, this was just released. ;)

exactly. i also calibrated my battery after charging this morning, since i installed the kernel yesterday..

i always unplug my phone around 5:40am and have 3G on while at work until i get home around 5pm. at that time, i'm usually around 55-60%. that's also counting heavy use during my half hour lunch and light use periodically during the day. after turning on wifi when i get home, and with much heavier usage, i usually sit anywhere between 25-40% by 10pm (it all depends on how much i use it). so we'll see if the kernel makes any difference. i pretty much figure that i will charge my phone every night while i sleep, which isn't a huge deal. i'm also very glad that i invested in a car charger for family road trips.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
More candy found: ;)

Press the status bar then swipe left or right to adjust screen brightness
menu_key>>settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>interface>>status bar tweaks>>statusbar brightness control

Max VM Heapsize option increased to 48m
menu_key>>settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>performance

Sour Candy: Camera zoom is now 1-5, but the zoom snaps back to 1 when you take the pic. :p

Edit: Screen on/off animations don't appear to be working, no big deal, just reporting.

Last edited:

afro31

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
i found dis on da romrepo optimus V change log lol
Version Release Date Changes
aospCMod-OV-20110534 34 May 2011 * Updated to CyanogenMod 8 (Honeycomb)

FLDataTeK

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
I am having a problem with TweetDeck FC after I add accounts to it.. I didn't have this issue until I loaded aospCMod. Anyone have any suggestions? I have wiped caches etc.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
More candy found: ;)

Press the status bar then swipe left or right to adjust screen brightness
menu_key>>settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>interface>>status bar tweaks>>statusbar brightness control

Max VM Heapsize option increased to 48m
menu_key>>settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>performance

Sour Candy: Camera zoom is now 1-5, but the zoom snaps back to 1 when you take the pic. :p

Edit: Screen on/off animations don't appear to be working, no big deal, just reporting.

Jerry, do you have any ideas on what the VM Heapsize increase means?

Status
Not open for further replies.