ARCHIVED: [KERNEL] BLUEsphere R1.7 - RELEASED 07/15/2011 - New Toolchaining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well aren't the kernels usually built for either froyo or GB? Not made to work correctly on both? Just my understanding of the way things work.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I know that, in the bumblebee thread, someone had tried using his kernel with AOSP and it wouldn't even boot. In the thread with all the Kernels I believe it was mentioned that the GB kernel wasn't supposed to be used with froyo and vice versa.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
les you're smart, can you figure out why i keep getting infinite lg loop? im using thunder recovery and i have tried to flash this on Harmonia(?) rom

Download a new copy, yours may be damaged.
This is why I include an MD5 hash for my roms. It's one of the most common issues.

AZImmortal

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded 2 new copies and keeps doing it :(

I tried R1.3, and it seemed to flash ok and my phone seemed fine at first, but after maybe an hour, the phone froze, and I ended up pulling the battery. When I tried to turn it on again, I was greeted with the LG boot loop. I ended up flashing back to Bumblebee kernel to get it working again.

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i downloaded 2 new copies and keeps doing it :(

Have you ever flash a Xionia-based rom before flashing a stock kernel-based? If so, this might be why you might be having these issues. (I was testing Rodimus briefly and I flashed a stock-based kernel to it without thinking, resulting in mass fail)

I tried R1.3, and it seemed to flash ok and my phone seemed fine at first, but after maybe an hour, the phone froze, and I ended up pulling the battery. When I tried to turn it on again, I was greeted with the LG boot loop. I ended up flashing back to Bumblebee kernel to get it working again.

The zip contents extract okay, and it works on my end... I'm going to check the md5sum on my copy...

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: [KERNEL] BLUEsphere R1.7 - RELEASED 07/15/2011 - New Toolchai

I downloaded it, wiped cache, flashed it using xionia 1.2518.4 and got a bootloop,

Status
Not open for further replies.