Change time color on statusbar?

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my white statusbar with the black sense statusbar using uot kitchen on froyo. The time text is still black. The preview of the statusbar on uot kitchen had white time text. But after I installed it is still black. How can I change the text to white so I can be able to see it? Thanls

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I replaced my white statusbar with the black sense statusbar using uot kitchen on froyo. The time text is still black. The preview of the statusbar on uot kitchen had white time text. But after I installed it is still black. How can I change the text to white so I can be able to see it? Thanls

a gingerbread rom has a lot more features than froyo and comes with a black status bar and white text already. also a CM7 based rom can be theme to look like anything you want. as simple as installing a apk and choosing the theme in the theme chooser app and rebooting

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Is there a theme chooser.apk for froyo? Battery life sucks on cm7 compared to froyo (bumblebee).
stock froyo has black txt ... theres only one way to change that .. look for the rom harmonia, made by the lovely leslieann.. go to the theme section below the rom and you will see she has the black with white clock... flash that and thats it .. your clock will now be white. ... if you want to uot then use the same frame work from that zip file

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Color of time is set in /system/framework/services.jar in Froyo-based custom ROMs. UOT Kitchen does not touch that file. You can find a modified services.jar file in a zip file for black status bar made for your ROM. You can move that services.jar into the UOT Kitchen zip file (just drag and drop from one zip to the other). Recovery will refuse to flash the modified UOT zip file if you don't disable signature check.

Reactions: AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you running? Besides the fix for Harmonia, this one is for the Bumblebee Go here BBBlackNotificationbarColor6bars.zip I think I used this on a few more Froyo based ROM's can't remember which. Once you flash this over the ROM's notification bar you can go into UOT Kitchen and build one with the icons you want and flash over the BBBlack Notification Bar and still have the white clock text.

Last edited:

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
What ROM are you running? Besides the fix for Harmonia, this one is for the Bumblebee Go here BBBlackNotificationbarColor6bars.zip I think I used this on a few more Froyo based ROM's can't remember which. Once you flash this over the ROM's notification bar you can go into UOT Kitchen and build one with the icons you want and flash over the BBBlack Notification Bar and still have the white clock text.

Thanks that worked.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there a theme chooser.apk for froyo? Battery life sucks on cm7 compared to froyo (bumblebee).

High battery drain is usually due to an app syncing too often using 3G data or not letting go of wake-lock. I'm on IHO CM7.1 ROM and last night of idling with everything off except cell signal, it dropped 3% in 8 hours, that's less than 0.5%/hour idle. Even when I use it during the day, it seems to sip battery juice very lightly.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
High battery drain is usually due to an app syncing too often using 3G data or not letting go of wake-lock. I'm on IHO CM7.1 ROM and last night of idling with everything off except cell signal, it dropped 3% in 8 hours, that's less than 0.5%/hour idle. Even when I use it during the day, it seems to sip battery juice very lightly.

Did you start with the battery at 100%? It takes really long for percentage to change from 100% to 99%.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you start with the battery at 100%? It takes really long for percentage to change from 100% to 99%.

Yes, I'm aware of the above-average drain from 100%. Actually mine idled for 9 hours before it went to 99% :) The overnight 3% drop was from 85% to 82% in about 8 hours.