Question S24 Ultra Problems

phillthedrill

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
They completely changed AOD to where you can't customize it anymore. You can't change the color (it's now orange....can't change it back to white on the clock and icons) and the text is so tiny like the charging percentage and speed and very dim in the dark. Why did they have to ruin a perfectly fine AOD set up? I hope they have a software update. Beyond ridiculous. I can't hardly read it. Who else is having other problems (not necessarily with AOD) with their new phone?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
With my device on preorder I've been watching a lot of videos on it in anticipation of its arrival. I'm pretty sure I watched one that talked about AOD and how the background was customizable. I don't personally use it so I don't know that much about it or how to set it up but I'm almost positive there was mention of this in one of the early review videos I watched. I tried going back through my history but I've literally watched a couple dozen videos about the device over several days and honestly cannot remember who put it out. I will say this though it wasn't one of the big channels. Most of them stuck to the script. You might stumble upon it if you start browsing YouTube S24 videos. I can't even say if it was or wasn't one of the One Week in videos.

fuzzy not to ask the obvious but have you looked at the Samsung Keyboard settings? Under Voice input there is the option for Samsung voice input, Google voice typing and None. I don't know what happens if None is selected.

As for things that I think are broken, while I don't have a device yet I think not being able to turn off gesture hints is going to suck. I don't want that line at the bottom of my screen all the time, hence why I turned off the buttons. It assumed to be due to the circle to search AI feature but since I'm not planning to use that I'm hoping that will mean that I can turn off the hint.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
With my device on preorder I've been watching a lot of videos on it in anticipation of its arrival. I'm pretty sure I watched one that talked about AOD and how the background was customizable. I don't personally use it so I don't know that much about it or how to set it up but I'm almost positive there was mention of this in one of the early review videos I watched. I tried going back through my history but I've literally watched a couple dozen videos about the device over several days and honestly cannot remember who put it out. I will say this though it wasn't one of the big channels. Most of them stuck to the script. You might stumble upon it if you start browsing YouTube S24 videos. I can't even say if it was or wasn't one of the One Week in videos.

fuzzy not to ask the obvious but have you looked at the Samsung Keyboard settings? Under Voice input there is the option for Samsung voice input, Google voice typing and None. I don't know what happens if None is selected.

As for things that I think are broken, while I don't have a device yet I think not being able to turn off gesture hints is going to suck. I don't want that line at the bottom of my screen all the time, hence why I turned off the buttons. It assumed to be due to the circle to search AI feature but since I'm not planning to use that I'm hoping that will mean that I can turn off the hint.
you can customise AOD background, but you used to be able to customise the actual AOD. Their focus was making it look more like AOD on the iPhone, ignoring the fact that their own implementation was already better.

Yeah, I scoured the settings before mentioning anything on here. I'm usually one of the people helping others with things like this, so I'm fairly confident their is currently no way to fix it. Samsung is good at hiding settings though.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter