I just Gingerbred my phone

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
So far I like it! I have to say I was a little nervous formatting the partitions but the recovery software is nice and it does seem quite a bit faster!

I went from a rooted stock V (2.2.2) and followed the IHO method. It went flawless and everything seems to work perfectly but I do have a few questions:

1> I noticed I now have the option to overclock. What settings are you guys finding to be optimal? I don't necessarily need it to be the fastest but I'd like to see a bit of a speed boost without killing my battery in short order

2> When I restored my apps (mostly games) through Titanium it seemed to without a hitch. I did notice that while the apps were previously moved to SD they are now back in the phone's memory. Going through settings/applications I selected to move them to SD and the process fails 90% of the time, BUT if I try it again then it works every time. Is this because the old files still existed on the SD card?

3> Are there any old files left on my SD Card from before I can get rid of? There were several apps I opted not to restore (due to just never using them) that probably still have remnants on the SD. Where are these located?

I was disappointed that I lost Swype in the process. I tried to restore the old backup of it but I guess it won't work right with either Gingerbread or the mod. Regardless I was able to download Swype beta which seems to work just fine.. was a little 'clunky' until I turned off its sounds and it seems to make a lot of mistakes but it may just be a matter of retraining its dictionary again!

Battery life has dropped about 25% in the last hour but I've been transferring a lot of files so I'll have to keep my eye on that. My biggest fear about this upgrade was screwing with battery life but I'm not concerned just yet.

I also just put flash 10.3 on it and I'm lovin' it! (jacktastic!)

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
So far I like it! I have to say I was a little nervous formatting the partitions but the recovery software is nice and it does seem quite a bit faster!

I went from a rooted stock V (2.2.2) and followed the IHO method. It went flawless and everything seems to work perfectly but I do have a few questions:

1> I noticed I now have the option to overclock. What settings are you guys finding to be optimal? I don't necessarily need it to be the fastest but I'd like to see a bit of a speed boost without killing my battery in short order

2> When I restored my apps (mostly games) through Titanium it seemed to without a hitch. I did notice that while the apps were previously moved to SD they are now back in the phone's memory. Going through settings/applications I selected to move them to SD and the process fails 90% of the time, BUT if I try it again then it works every time. Is this because the old files still existed on the SD card?

3> Are there any old files left on my SD Card from before I can get rid of? There were several apps I opted not to restore (due to just never using them) that probably still have remnants on the SD. Where are these located?

I was disappointed that I lost Swype in the process. I tried to restore the old backup of it but I guess it won't work right with either Gingerbread or the mod. Regardless I was able to download Swype beta which seems to work just fine.. was a little 'clunky' until I turned off its sounds and it seems to make a lot of mistakes but it may just be a matter of retraining its dictionary again!

Battery life has dropped about 25% in the last hour but I've been transferring a lot of files so I'll have to keep my eye on that. My biggest fear about this upgrade was screwing with battery life but I'm not concerned just yet.

I also just put flash 10.3 on it and I'm lovin' it! (jacktastic!)

On overclocking: to really pin down my stable max, I worked my way up one step at a time and ran a series of 10 AnTuTu benchmarks until I couldn't make it through ten tests in a row without a forced reboot. When
I hit that point, I backed off one increment. I keep my min set at 480, but some set theirs a high a 600.

On moving your apps to SD, this is a simple batch operation in titanium backup. Make sure you keep widgets and Swype internal our they won't work well (or at all). Off any other app stats to act wierd, move it to internal and see if it helps.

Your apps on SD are stored at SD/data/app. Titanium really does remove the app, even if you have a back-up. Back-UPS are compressed and don't take up much space at all.

I actually prefer Swype beta- the word selection bar is really handy.

As for battery life, juice defender helps a bit. Also, in settings-applications-development, I turn on "stop via long-press" so I can kill apps when I am done with them so they don't keep running in the background (like fb and maps)

Enjoy cm 7.1 - it's awesome!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

MasterTec

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm loving the "force stop via long press" option. I noticed my battery dropped by 20% in less than an hour today. Checking things out showed that google maps was using 61% of my power!! I forced it closed and 12 hours later still have over 70% of my battery remaining.

I did have issues with swype crashing on me. After uninstalling it and reinstalling it yet again it seems to be fine. I disabled something I think was called "Desktop Hack" as it said to disable it if some programs crash on boot. Seems to be fine now but we'll see what happens.

Otherwise no problems at all. I love the look of it now and the theme I installed is pretty neat-o as well!

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
google maps does that to me on ALL roms i use, even froyo roms.

i think its the app.

if i use it i have to stop app with the long press in order to avoid it. other than that i try not to open it unless i need to use it

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
google maps does that to me on ALL roms i use, even froyo roms.

i think its the app.

if i use it i have to stop app with the long press in order to avoid it. other than that i try not to open it unless i need to use it

Yeah... Maps did this to me even while I was stock and non-rooted. unfortunately, it usually wouldn't stop when I pressed force-stop in applications manager. It's too bad maps is such a leach- it's just too useful to get rid of.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk. Suckit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member