CM7.2 BobZhome podcast playback issues

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I searched and didn't find anything..
I am using CM7.2.0 BobZhome on my OV and am very impressed. However, when I play a podcast or seemingly any mp3 over 5 minutes long, the time seek bar doesn't move. This happens in all players I've tried - stock, ubermusic, Google music and btunes. Has anyone else experienced this? Any known or theoretical fixes?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bryan.vandyke

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I just started looking at podcast players yesterday but I've seen it too in Google Listen. I just thought it was just a bug with Google Listen. Seen it happen with as short as 1 minute clips. Pressing the jump-ahead 30 seconds button seems get it working again.

zoidberg_md

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
just wondering which release you're using. I'm using the one released in mid Dec i think and haven't run into this issue. I'm using BeyondPod mainly for my podcasts

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
There's a newer build on github. If u haven't been there to check it out.

Thanks for the info on the new release, i was using the early dec release. I tried it and didn't fix my problem.

A bit more info, I use isyncr wifi to transfer songs and podcasts, which works great. It appears that only files that are tagged as podcasts by iTunes has this problem. Its really odd.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The 1-30-11 build seems to have fixed this bug. I've been using it for about 2 days and it is working fine.

ronnie james

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no issues using Winamp

Winamp is a good player, but doesn't have the podcast support I needed. I found rocket player was working great for podcasts before the fix, although is a young app and a bit buggy. Didn't really like it visually either.

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Did anyone figure out the issue here?

I just installed CM7.2-RC1-BACKSide-IHO and it's doing the same thing. If I start up a podcast it stays at 00:00. If I seek or press forward 30 seconds, it will start keeping track of the time.

I have just downgraded from Quattrimus (ICS) and Listen was working great there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez