Froyo or Gingerbread ... Which do you all prefer?

bdfull3r

May 11, 2011
Visit site
really?? that sucks so any alternatives?
Its called the power control widget and it comes pre-installed on a lot of devices these day

Hell most phones already turn off wifi when the screen goes to sleep or turn off 3g when wifi is activated.

Its pointless to get a separate app for VERY easily controlled features

nomammes

Jan 11, 2012
Visit site
Its called the power control widget and it comes pre-installed on a lot of devices these day

Hell most phones already turn off wifi when the screen goes to sleep or turn off 3g when wifi is activated.

Its pointless to get a separate app for VERY easily controlled features

k thanks

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
The best advice I can give, is remove Juice Defender, and find out what it is that is killing your battery.

Realistically, most people should be able to make it through the day on a charge, except in extreme situations, and very little will fix it in those situations.

notufatjesus

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
GINGERBREAD OVERALL IS THE BEST. . . POPULAR CONSENSUS IS GB. :D
What bad can you say about it? Only bug I would like to see fixed is the head phone during a call. Batter life great....smoother system and awesome video. Im sure thats why they call it :
"Inferior Human Organs"
GB HANDS DOWN.
LOVE HARMONIA 2 BUT PERSONALLY USE JERRYSCRIPTS BACKSIDE IHO....up to date ;)
It's all up to u

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Granted the OV didn't. Sorry about the rant there. I am still dealing with a new HTC phone that does and can't be rooted & custom Rom installed as yet. Soon I hope. Buying a new phone just to have the memory run out on you a month later because the carrier put all this excess bloat & garbage in it is hard to deal with. That "junkware" was the reason why I gave my youngest son the new HTC and bought my husband a new OV at Christmas. I knew it was a reliable phone from my own experience. He's a trucker and can't be bothered with communication problems or crashes. His OV running IHO CM7 work perfect! I will not own another HTC phone.

crickie

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
On a different note, GB or Froyo as an OS choice really a no brainer. GB makes better use of available resources no matter what phone it's run in. Better firmware use, Extended battery life ( depending on what apps you're running ), better graphics, better internet experience overall. If you choose a custom rom version of GB then you are getting something that's even better than better! It's an upgrade of GREAT!
Just like taking a regular daily commuter car and making a high performance tuner out of it. Making the right choice for your phone is important, that's why I love this forum. All the info here is really the best place to start!

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
On a different note, GB or Froyo as an OS choice really a no brainer. GB makes better use of available resources no matter what phone it's run in. Better firmware use, Extended battery life ( depending on what apps you're running ), better graphics, better internet experience overall. If you choose a custom rom version of GB then you are getting something that's even better than better! It's an upgrade of GREAT!
Just like taking a regular daily commuter car and making a high performance tuner out of it. Making the right choice for your phone is important, that's why I love this forum. All the info here is really the best place to start!

You are contradicting yourself... more battery life AND advanced performance?? No. Froyo has the best battery, I gotta disagree with you that gb does. LeslieAnn has said numerous times (with proof) that harminia 1 has better batter than gb.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
You are contradicting yourself... more battery life AND advanced performance?? No. Froyo has the best battery, I gotta disagree with you that gb does. LeslieAnn has said numerous times (with proof) that harminia 1 has better batter than gb.

They are getting closer.

CM7 still has far better battery than stock (which I think was the intent), and gets almost as much as the better Froyo roms. Besides, it gets most people through the day perfectly well, making Froyo almost pointless now.

Another thing to note is that soem people load Froyo up trying to make it have the features of GB and CM7, at which point, it's battery life is worse.