App2Ext, or something like that....

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can someone help me set up App2ext, or something similar? The one that gives you like a gigabyte of free internal storage? I'm not very good with this stuff. xD

Please, and thank you. :D

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way is to backup your SD card to your computer, format SD, partition SD, move SD contents back from PC to your SD, download link2sd, chose your ext, reboot, go to multi select, select all, create link

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
^^ do what he said about backing your SD card to the computer, and downloading link2sd app from the market then partition your SD card while in recovery mode there should be an option to partition your SD card. That what I readed some where but I can't remember the thread ;)

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The easiest way is to backup your SD card to your computer, format SD, partition SD, move SD contents back from PC to your SD, download link2sd, chose your ext, reboot, go to multi select, select all, create link

^^ do what he said about backing your SD card to the computer, and downloading link2sd app from the market then partition your SD card while in recovery mode there should be an option to partition your SD card. That what I readed some where but I can't remember the thread ;)

Is this what makes the Internal Storage go over 200MBs depending on my EXT size? And what's the deal with EXT2,3, and 4? What's the difference?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is this what makes the Internal Storage go over 200MBs depending on my EXT size? And what's the deal with EXT2,3, and 4? What's the difference?

Partitioning through cwm or ihocwm recoveries automatically do ext.3. Ext 1 is the oldest format ext4 is the newest. You will have to Google what the exact differences are. Ext3 works just fine. If you have the 2gb card go with 512mb partition, if you have 4gb or larger do a 1024mb. Don't worry about swap size

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Partitioning through cwm or ihocwm recoveries automatically do ext.3. Ext 1 is the oldest format ext4 is the newest. You will have to Google what the exact differences are. Ext3 works just fine. If you have the 2gb card go with 512mb partition, if you have 4gb or larger do a 1024mb. Don't worry about swap size

I guess ext3 will be my choice. I have a 4gb.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
If you have a computer running Linux, or Linux live CD, you can use that, mount your SD card, then use G-Parted to partition the SD card. It's much easier than using recovery.

Sent from my Optimus V on Harmonia 2.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have a computer running Linux, or Linux live CD, you can use that, mount your SD card, then use G-Parted to partition the SD card. It's much easier than using recovery.

How is it easier than recovery? You just hit a couple buttons and boom, you have a partitioned SD. I use gparted, but I have it on a Linux thumb drive, its alot easier and faster through recovery

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
How is it easier than recovery? You just hit a couple buttons and boom, you have a partitioned SD. I use gparted, but I have it on a Linux thumb drive, its alot easier and faster through recovery

I'm addressing the question of a user named "CuriousNoob" so I thought I might suggest a method that has a GUI, as the recovery interface can be daunting to those without experience. If they are comfortable with partitioning through recovery, then by all means, it's certainly the quicker method. But it's always nice to have multiple options as well.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
When you open link2sd go to storage space, it will show internal, SD card. Sd card second part. All your apps you have you can "link" which will load the full app to the SD card second part. Instead of internal space. I would stick with link2sd, it has a simple ui, and does the same thing as the other *.*2exts.

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
When you open link2sd go to storage space, it will show internal, SD card. Sd card second part. All your apps you have you can "link" which will load the full app to the SD card second part. Instead of internal space. I would stick with link2sd, it has a simple ui, and does the same thing as the other *.*2exts.

Will that do like in the screenie/

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
42bdb39c-0ae4-29c4.jpg
Will that do like in the screenie/

It wont show up like that, but it works the same

Here's what I have with 42 apps on my phone

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I gave up on it. Sorry. :(. EXT gets on my nerves. >:0

I'm one of those people who likes theming, not downloading :p

Follow the directions here it takes another 10-15 minutes when installing your rom. Most of it is boot times. I do this everytime a new rom is released. There is a bug that will not let you just update the romm but a fresh install is IMO better.

Data2ext CyanogenMOD - UPDATE 26/01/11 - xda-developers

Reactions: CuriousNoob

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Follow the directions here it takes another 10-15 minutes when installing your rom. Most of it is boot times. I do this everytime a new rom is released. There is a bug that will not let you just update the romm but a fresh install is IMO better.

You don't have to fresh install every Tim, you just have to recreate mount scripts everytime you update

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Omg, Ty Man. I love you, No homo of course xD, I have nearly 1 gigabyte now. :D
And you said something about not updating the rom? If so, what will happen?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87