[ROM]_[Froyo]>>>Alien_MLS1.8.04.......Update

EarthnFire78

YAY!!! ME :)
Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Alien ROM is now Froyo, but is still an Alien, this is an update with a few fixes and a few extras.

Those that are updating need to do as follows:
Wipe Boot, System, Cache and Delvik-Cache.

Those installing from another ROM:
Factory/Data Reset, and Wipe Boot, System, Cache and Delvik-Cache.

What changed
apps2sd and cache2sd *(sdcard must be partitioned). Memory Management tweaked. NoFrills CPU. WiFi Driver Fixed. Framework-res.apk from Harmonia 1.7

Works with both the old and new screens, and works with the newer recoveries including the Touch Recovery.

Sorry there are no screen shoots.

Last edited:

SuppliedRelic

Android Fanboy
Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
You did an excellent job on this ROM! I love the fact that it is data2ext compatible. I initially downloaded it thinking I would switch back to MiRaGe but I like this one so much it's going to be my permanent ROM for now. Will you be updating it regularly?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming if you don't want the data to sd, just install like normal?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Alien CM7 (IHO) ++ ext

I'm assuming if you don't want the data to sd, just install like normal?

The data2ext does nothing until activated, the data2ext will still be installed but without it activate it just sets there. You can use the File Manager to delete it the data2ext script if you like, just give it root and mount the system as r,w in the settings of the File Manager.

Reactions: mjs2011

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

You did an excellent job on this ROM! I love the fact that it is data2ext compatible. I initially downloaded it thinking I would switch back to MiRaGe but I like this one so much it's going to be my permanent ROM for now. Will you be updating it regularly?

Yes well be updating this ROM, but going to be slow going until I get a full Linux system so I'm not having using a Virtual box on my Windows computer: my Java stopped working.:mad:

This is still based off of MiRaGe, so please give the dev a big thanks.

If anyone is have problems installing with signature toggled on just toggle off, my Java stopped working is signing zips does not stick, I'm working on fixing it.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The data2ext does nothing until activated, the data2ext will still be installed but without it activate it just sets there. You can use the File Manager to delete it the data2ext script if you like, just give it root and mount the system as r,w in the settings of the File Manager.

Sounds good. I'm a link2sd guy so I'll stick with that. Looking forward to trying this!

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Sounds good. I'm a link2sd guy so I'll stick with that. Looking forward to trying this!

Just be sure to delete the data2ext first before using Link2sd, because it tries to use the data2ext script rather then the one it writes.

The data2ext is located in /system/etc/int.d

flashmania123

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site

I followed all your directions closely and still have a question about data2ext. Does data2ext work with all roms? Can I flash one rom and then flash back and still have the extra user phone space partition that was created?

EarthnFire78

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

I followed all your directions closely and still have a question about data2ext. Does data2ext work with all roms? Can I flash one rom and then flash back and still have the extra user phone space partition that was created?

Works with most GB ROM's. The second partition well still be there yes, but some ROM's may not support EXT file system, and data3ext does not work with CM9.

flashmania123

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Froyo]....[ROM[....Alien 1.7.01.........

Alien is now Froyo ROM with the Picastick-remix Kernel,

Why a Froyo ROM, simple because not everyone is a IHO person and there are not very many Froyo anymore that work with the new OV's

Whats Inside
apps2sd and delvik to sd installed (tried to get data2sd to work but failed. Comes with MyBackupRoot and the Activation app.

Where is the information on this rom? It appears to have all been deleted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo