ROMs for longest battery life?

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
He might be talking bout some other ics roms that don't got 4g access even with a 4g phone lol sad but true lol

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You can go into the framework and change the 3g.pngs to 4g, and 4g.pngs to 3g. It'll then say 4g when connected :D

I do it in IHO

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

BackHandLegend

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
How do you switch to 1x and still get emails?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Two ways that I know of.
A) Go into settings and select "Wireless and networks"
Scroll down and select "mobile networks"
Select "CDMA Network Preferences" and click on "CDMA only"

B) Head straight into the dialer and type this in without quotations "*#*#4636#*#*"
Select "phone information"
Head down to where is says CDMA auto(prl) and click it
You'll have a bunch of choices but make sure to select "CDMA only"
Done :)

PS: Sure it's slower, but tolerable and doesn't bother me at all. (As if our 3G is a miracle anyway), but yeah doing these steps and then overclocking my phone is probably the best optimus v experience :)
You'll notice your battery lasts longer :p

dwappo

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Two ways that I know of.
A) Go into settings and select "Wireless and networks"
Scroll down and select "mobile networks"
Select "CDMA Network Preferences" and click on "CDMA only"

B) Head straight into the dialer and type this in without quotations "*#*#4636#*#*"
Select "phone information"
Head down to where is says CDMA auto(prl) and click it
You'll have a bunch of choices but make sure to select "CDMA only"
Done :)

PS: Sure it's slower, but tolerable and doesn't bother me at all. (As if our 3G is a miracle anyway), but yeah doing these steps and then overclocking my phone is probably the best optimus v experience :)
You'll notice your battery lasts longer :p

This, or you can grab Quick Settings from "Google Play", and turn off wi-fi and 3G. Idk about notifications like facebook and stuff, but you can still text xD.

Sean OGorman

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I tested using 1x for about half a day to see if it improved battery life, it doesn't. If anything, it gets worse. The drain level is still the same (1% per hour if you aren't doing anything and aren't in an area with poor reception), but actually trying to do something just takes longer. It seems like keeping the screen on is what kills battery the most for me.

I've had a low of 2 hours, high of 36, been using Harmonia 2 for about a month now.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I tested using 1x for about half a day to see if it improved battery life, it doesn't. If anything, it gets worse. The drain level is still the same (1% per hour if you aren't doing anything and aren't in an area with poor reception), but actually trying to do something just takes longer. It seems like keeping the screen on is what kills battery the most for me.

I've had a low of 2 hours, high of 36, been using Harmonia 2 for about a month now.

1-1.5% per hour is the lowest you can ever get it, the hardware simply needs x amount to run.
Look into the Anker batteries on Ebay, you can pick up another 15-20% from that for about $10.

Harmonia 1 will give you even longer battery (probably the longest of any rom), but like I said, you are nearing the hardware's minimum needed to keep running.

bjzapp

Where did u hear tht word
Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
1-1.5% per hour is the lowest you can ever get it, the hardware simply needs x amount to run.
Look into the Anker batteries on Ebay, you can pick up another 15-20% from that for about $10.

Harmonia 1 will give you even longer battery (probably the longest of any rom), but like I said, you are nearing the hardware's minimum needed to keep running.

Are you referring to the 1600 or 3200 mAh version?
obviously the 1600 is like 9 bucks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress