Androiduser_21

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
When the phone comes on it says

Formatting data
cache
factory reset
rebooting

then it starts up and i touch the android to get on my phone. It does this every time i turn the phone on. It resets over and over again.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
What caused this problem? Did you do a factory reset? What ROM were you running?

Turn the phone off, hold down Home, Volume Down, and Power, and let it go when the grey LG logo appears. Does it enter recovery?

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that applies, he is saying that his phone re-flashes and he can use it, like another user who has a thread going who's ROM re-flashes after each boot. The posts aren't clear though, so I don't know for sure yet.

This is a very strange issue. You're right, there have been a few people reporting that their phone is in a continuous cycle of looping and factory resetting. However I think that link may be.useful, because if I recall, it fixes most problems involving some sort of bootloop.

Sent via the Postal Service

Androiduser_21

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
What caused this problem? Did you do a factory reset? What ROM were you running?

Turn the phone off, hold down Home, Volume Down, and Power, and let it go when the grey LG logo appears. Does it enter recovery?

No that does not work. No i did not do a factory reset. Thank you for the help i appreciated it. This also did the same thing on another Rom.

Androiduser_21

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
No i have tryed that multiple times to get it in recovery. I will try that link out the one poster said. At least the other rom i had on there was getting into clockwork but not this one.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
No i have tryed that multiple times to get it in recovery. I will try that link out the one poster said. At least the other rom i had on there was getting into clockwork but not this one.

Well if pulling the battery and using the button combo doesn't get you in then I'm pretty sure its not there.

Androiduser_21

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
When you shut the phone off it has options. It shows a recovery option to click on. I did that but it just comes back on like before. It just resets it self over again. It says at start up android system recovery then it does the formating
data cache so on.

I just keep getting device not found. I have SDK installed and fastboot.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't have this on my computer ADB binary installed. Do i need to install this.

Try pulling the battery, putting it back and holding down BACK, POWER, and VOLUME DOWN at the same time, until the LG logo pops up and disappears. Then you will enter recovery and you can flash a custom Rom correctly. Sometimes my phone freezes entering recovery from the little pop up menu, so I suggest using the key combo to get in. Report back if it gets in.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so you can boot your phone right?

Let it reflash and get booted, enter the market, and download Terminal Emulator, if you don't already have it on there.

Follow these instructions:

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/?bx14hzq5i2pq3ps. It is a ZIP file, inside it is a file called flash_image. Copy it to your SD card (the extracted file, not the archive.)
Download this file VM670NH_recovery.img to your SD card and rename it r.img

Code:
Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mount -o remount,ro /system /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/r.img

Type those lines into Terminal Emulator one at a time. If you get any errors STOP and report back. That should re-flash your recovery. If it goes well, type "reboot recovery" in terminal emulator and it should hopefully boot into recovery, from there you can flash a ROM.

Last edited: