Water Damage-Blue Screen!!??

elisa9047

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Really need some help here guys. I sat my phone down on my kitchen counter which unbeknownst had water on it. So yes my phone got wet somewhat. Anyway I took the battery out of course and dried the phone off. Well after that...it wouldn't come on so I left alone for day. I plugged it back in to find it in emergency mode. Well I kept restarting it till finally it now goes to the blue screen that says:

Fastboot mode started
gpio_i2c invalid hz: 0
bl: i2c write error
udc_start()

A few times I tried to boot into recovery but it was a black screen so I took battery out...but a normal boot it goes to thee above ^^

I'm running or was running the latest build of CM7 IHO.
Just wondering is there any hope, if not will just have to flash my EVO to Cricket :-(

quacles

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Go ahead and put it in a baggy of rice for the night/few days, your only hope is to get all of that water out of there. I dropped my phone in some "water" and it didn't work right for the first day after getting it out of the rice. once all the water dried up, it was back to running like new! Also you might need a new battery/sd-card.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
When you get the blue screen, that means the kernel has been wiped and it can't load, or the kernel is incompatible and can't load. I'm guessing the water shorted it and wiped it somehow. I get that blue screen when I wipe /boot and flash a kernel but the kernel doesnt take... there may be hope.

rebel69ization

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Or you can take it apart and run a hair dryer on it, real close inside the back on low speed for about ten mins then let it sit out taken apart for the rest of the day. It should work, I fell off a boat into a 30ft deep lake with my phone in my pocket and almost hit bottom and the hairdryer thing worked

DKGerbil2

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Or you can take it apart and run a hair dryer on it, real close inside the back on low speed for about ten mins then let it sit out taken apart for the rest of the day. It should work, I fell off a boat into a 30ft deep lake with my phone in my pocket and almost hit bottom and the hairdryer thing worked

The rice method is much, much safer than this.

Alex Woodruff

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Another method I have found to work. Take your phone apart and place it into a bag of rice and let it sit for 24hrs as this will dry everything inside and out on your phone. Worked on my samsung gem twice after it got water damage and after the blue screen effect. Give it a try. :)

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member