[ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO (07132013)

dbacon84

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm Link2sd doesn't like too many apps. I kept losing apps whenever I'd upgrade and now I know why. I think I had 70 apps linked using l2sd.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM+Kernel] MiRaGe-CM7.2-IHO

I can confirm Link2sd doesn't like too many apps. I kept losing apps whenever I'd upgrade and now I know why. I think I had 70 apps linked using l2sd.

- After the first boot, the dex files are created in the internal memory and link2sd starts automatically linking them to sdext2. However, if there is not sufficient space in /data for the initially created dex files, system will have problems. So, if you are installing too many apps, link2sd is not for you and this patch will not help. My estimate based on the free space in /data for the number of apps that can cause problem with link2sd is >70 if there are no other apps filling up /data.

In an earlier post, I also estimated that the missing apps problem starts with more than 70 apps. I think 50 is a good number of apps to be used with link2sd on OV.

Reactions: flapjack.fiasco

Dbzavatar

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Its actually really easy if you download button swapper from XDA.

@MRG, Stock GB launcher from ZVJ works. I was wondering if you could help me remove the ID sign in the.bottom right. Im currently experimenting with it.
Click to view quoted image

Its alot faster than what we have.currently. :)...
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

How did you get the white icons in the gingerbread launcher?

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
112 apps are too many. During the first boot following after wiping dalvik-cache, all of the dalvik-cache is created in the internal memory and then linked to sdext2 by link2sd. I think you are running out of internal space before link2sd starts linking them. You could reduce the number of apps to ~50 to be able to use link2sd safely or use a direct link method of /data to sdext2.

All of them loaded after several reboots, and I still have 50 megabytes available on internal storage. I have cleared out some of them, but phone is running fine and speedy.

Can you point me to the direct link process? Not sure how to do that. I'm fairly new to this.

sent from my Ginger Cream Rover using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pspOPT

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I just flashed this ROM on my LS670. Flashed the ROM then the patch. Market is not working for some reason (get an error "app" cannot be downloaded due to an error [-101]). Also Google Talk is giving me an authentication failure. Any ideas?

Last edited:

LeoLawliet

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed this ROM on my LS670. Flashed the ROM then the patch. Market is not working for some reason (get an error "app" cannot be downloaded due to an error [-101]). Also Google Talk is giving me an authentication failure. Any ideas?

Same thing happened to my Lg myTouch 4G, ended up having to start from scratch because I couldn't find a sollution. I think it was because I flashed something and that didn't go well, dunno how or why.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
MiRaGe 07272012

I have uploaded the 07272012 build of MiRaGe with the following changes.

- Modify Running ProcessView as ics in Settings
- Fixing a crash when doing lock profiling in dalvik vm
- Basic KSM Support in dalvik vm. This is complementary to the KSM feature added into the kernel in the previous build.
- Customizable kill app via back key timeout. This has been a trouble for me since some time. The default timeout is now 2 seconds that will eliminate the accidental app kills.

These changes are cherry picked (not merged in to the CM repo yet).

The download links and credits are in the OP. Enjoy!

groo79

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you thought about changing the settings menu to look like the ICS settings? I like how the ICS settings are organized.

sent from my Ginger Cream Rover using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

@MRG, did you find the other govners useless?

There were too many governors in the kernel and some of them were eliminated. But I wouldn't call other developer's work useless. There was a discussion earlier on this.

Have you thought about changing the settings menu to look like the ICS settings? I like how the ICS settings are organized.

I wouldn't do that. It is a very heavy modification.

Last edited:

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site

thanks for the update mrg666, i'm installing it now...

i decided to try the modded qtadb that i mentioned before to install your update (to try and save my link2sd settings).

i thought about the patch you posted - but i wasn't sure if it would work with the update, whether or not it was included in this latest version, or if it would work with the quantity of apps i have installed..

i'll let ya'll know soon.

EDIT: didn't work - it still only loaded a certain number of apps in link2sd so if you have many (some might say too many...) apps you'll still need to reboot a few times.

oh, sorry - mrg666 the update works just great, only i'll re-apply the update in a few minutes (after a restore just in case)

thanks for your hard work!

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

I'm having too much fun messing around with AOKP on my own phone at the moment...but luckily, my girlfriend and my daughter are both running MiRaGe on their OVs, so I still get to check out the great work you're doing. Thanks again for all the time you've put into this incredibly stable and consistent ROM!

Reactions: mrg666

HurrrDurrrDURP

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site

Mrg, have you ever thought of trying to make a CM9 based MiRage? Or a CM9 based kernel?

Also, is version 071612 still the lastest version of the MiRage Kernel?

Last edited:

galindo777

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site

Ummmmm You Cant Get Picture Msg's ?Are You Guys Gunna Be Able To Fix That after all the Rom is lovely :) But then Again cant recieve Pictures not like that .Hope You Guyys Can Fix it Or im i Missing Something?