Bricked my Virgin Mobile LG Optimus V beyond repair?

shroder069

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I formated the system, boot and
I flashed xionia_cwma_12518.4 to the lg optimus v.
now there is not rom in the system, and every time I reboot, the phone will go through
android system recovery
do not pull out the bettery
formatting data:...
formatting cache:...
factory reset...
rebooting...

and stuck on the lg splash screen.

when the phone is connected to usb, the computer is trying to install the driver, but because it automatically go throught the process described above, it will disconnect before the driver can be installed.
so adb cannot see the device.

what should I do? thanks.

curtis1973

King Of Pants
Aug 7, 2011
Visit site
I formated the system, boot and
I flashed xionia_cwma_12518.4 to the lg optimus v.
now there is not rom in the system, and every time I reboot, the phone will go through
android system recovery
do not pull out the bettery
formatting data:...
formatting cache:...
factory reset...
rebooting...

and stuck on the lg splash screen.

when the phone is connected to usb, the computer is trying to install the driver, but because it automatically go throught the process described above, it will disconnect before the driver can be installed.
so adb cannot see the device.

what should I do? thanks.

ok,dont reboot. turn power off completely,hold down power button,home button and volume down button at same time until you see the recovery screen or until the lg logo disappeares,if this breaks the factory reset loop and allows you to stay in recovery to perform an update,you can install the zv9 update to break loop and restore phone to factory,non-rooted state. first download the zv9 update ill add below and move it to sdcard root (you will most likely need to directly connect the sdcard to pc via an sdcard to usb adapter or via an sdcard port that's already on your pc to copy over the zv9 update.zip file,once it is copied over,disconnect from pc and reinsert your sdcard in the phone. from powered off state restart the phone as described above,if it isnt looping and allows you to apply update,pick the update option and it will install the zv9 update,reboot your phone and youll be back to unrooted stock. heres link : http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/update.zip

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Byrd135

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
ok,dont reboot. turn power off completely,hold down power button,home button and volume down button at same time until you see the recovery screen or until the lg logo disappeares,if this breaks the factory reset loop and allows you to stay in recovery to perform an update,you can install the zv9 update to break loop and restore phone to factory,non-rooted state. first download the zv9 update ill add below and move it to sdcard root (you will most likely need to directly connect the sdcard to pc via an sdcard to usb adapter or via an sdcard port that's already on your pc to copy over the zv9 update.zip file,once it is copied over,disconnect from pc and reinsert your sdcard in the phone. from powered off state restart the phone as described above,if it isnt looping and allows you to apply update,pick the update option and it will install the zv9 update,reboot your phone and youll be back to unrooted stock. heres link : http://www.virginmobileusa.com/resources/update.zip

Sent from my LG-VM670

I am having the same problem only my devise (LG Optimus V-VM670) has a ROM installed but every time the phone restarts it factory resets, when I try to boot into recovery it goes as far as LG logo staying on for a couple extra seconds then black screen for a few seconds and back to
the factory reset sequence, if I tell the phone to restart in either hboot or recovery it just restarts to factory reset sequence, adb shell doesn't have enough time to connect at startup, please someone help

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
First off, the Optimus V doesn't have hboot......it does have fastboot if you're on zv4 baseband, but I wouldn't do that. second, how do you know it factory resets every boot? does it say that on the screen?
If you can't do anything, you might have to use sammyz's unbrick guide. it's stickied.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
You may have installed a recovery that is not compatible with your screen. I made the same mistake. Just go to the stickies and follow the one about how to fix the black screen. Basically you need to screencast to a computer, and flash a compatible recovery, and a compatible Rom. All the details are in that sticky.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums