[ROM][ALPHA][WIP][ICS]: CodenameAndroid

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I haven't done any git, the vendor files are bobzhomes ics and the device files are modified bobzhome ics. Its not the kernel, I've tried different kernels. I've switch the wireless.ko in system/lib/modules with the one from the rom I pulled the boot.img from. The reason it wouldn't turn on is because the build.prop had it set to eth0 instead of wlan0. Now it will turn on, it just wont pick anything up.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

wireless.ko shouldnt matter, all of them are built from the same bcm4325 drivers located inside the kernel (system/kernel/lge/thunderc/drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325)

the wifi section of your vendor/lge/thunderc-common/boardconfigcommon.mk should look like this:
Code:
#Wifi
WPA_SUPPLICANT_VERSION          := VER_0_6_X
BOARD_WLAN_DEVICE               := bcm4325
BOARD_WEXT_NO_COMBO_SCAN        := true
BOARD_WPA_SUPPLICANT_DRIVER     := WEXT
WIFI_DRIVER_HAS_LGE_SOFTAP      := true
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_PATH         := "/system/lib/modules/wireless.ko"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_ARG          := "firmware_path=/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin nvram_path=/etc/wl/nvram.txt config_path=/data/misc/wifi/config"
WIFI_DRIVER_MODULE_NAME         := "wireless"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_STA         := "/system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin"
WIFI_DRIVER_FW_PATH_AP          := "/system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin"
BOARD_SOFTAP_DEVICE_TI          := bcm4325

the following should be removed from bobzome's boardconfigcommon.mk with reasons listed:

hostapd configuration is not set in /kernel/arch/arm/configs/thundercvm670_defconfig, so this is not necessary:
BOARD_HOSTAPD_DRIVER := bcm4325

only wpa_supplicant 8 uses external lib, and only bcmdhd drivers work with it, so this is not needed:
BOARD_HOSTAPD_PRIVATE_LIB := lib_driver_cmd_wext

the bcm4325 does not have a p2p driver. it has the wlan driver(rtecdc.bin) and the soft ap driver (rtecdc-apsta.bin), furthermore p2p was not introduced until wpa_supplicant 8, and is not a feature in wpa_supplicant 6. the coding for the drivers themselves in the kernel have NO support for p2p, so chances are wifi-direct will not work for the OV. this is not needed:
BOARD_P2P_DEVICE_TI := bcm4325

I learned all this after spending a week fighting with the broadcom drivers. I still havent updated my github with the correct settings >.>

Reactions: Badboytoast

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
those were almost the exact edits i made. the wifi settings in the boardconfig were a little odd in order and there were missing parts so i pulled the wifi section of the boardconfigcommon on my cm9 build and threw them in there.

tcrider84

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
also the system/vendor/lge/vm670/vm670-vendor-blobs.mk should include this for the wireless proprietary files to copy over:

Code:
# Wifi
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf:system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/nvram.txt:system/etc/wl/nvram.txt \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/dhcpd/dhcpcd.conf:system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc-mfgtest.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc-mfgtest.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/cfg.dat:system/etc/firmware/wlan/cfg.dat \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini:system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/bin/wl:system/bin/wl

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
also the system/vendor/lge/vm670/vm670-vendor-blobs.mk should include this for the wireless proprietary files to copy over:

Code:
# Wifi
PRODUCT_COPY_FILES += \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf:system/etc/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/nvram.txt:system/etc/wl/nvram.txt \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/dhcpd/dhcpcd.conf:system/etc/dhcpcd/dhcpcd.conf \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc-apsta.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/wl/rtecdc-mfgtest.bin:system/etc/wl/rtecdc-mfgtest.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/cfg.dat:system/etc/firmware/wlan/cfg.dat \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini:system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_cfg.ini \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin:system/etc/firmware/wlan/qcom_fw.bin \
    vendor/lge/VM670/proprietary/system/bin/wl:system/bin/wl

Could you post this file/. And help seller find a fix, also the camera preview would be nice :D just a suggestion ;)
Because CNA its the Rom!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Could you post this file/. And help seller find a fix, also the camera preview would be nice :D just a suggestion ;)
Because CNA its the Rom!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

He doesn't need to post the file, I already have it (both for cm9 and cna). Ill try getting camera preview sometime but I'm not sure if the code will work or not.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Badboytoast

inceyet

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yo sellers don't know if this has been addressed but I didn't see no music player :( I need my player side note I can get my own which I did aside that and the known bugs which I know your on your way to fixing :D can't wait and drews touch recovery works with this.:cool: thanks for the hard work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: jonny5449

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Yo sellers don't know if this has been addressed but I didn't see no music player :( I need my player side note I can get my own which I did aside that and the known bugs which I know your on your way to fixing :D can't wait and drews touch recovery works with this.:cool: thanks for the hard work

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Ill pull apollo from my cm9 build and put it in there.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer