[ROM][WIP]CM10.0.0-RC0-BobZ

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm fairly certain the Jelly Bean release was focused on security / voice control / text to speech (to compete with Iphone) / cards (to comply with new government standards). Researcher: Jelly Bean the Most Secure Android Version Ever | News & Opinion | PCMag.com this is as good read on some of the security implementations on JB from pc mag

I'm working on a launcher based off the jellybean launcher and believe it or not, there are huge code changes between ICS and JB just for the launcher basically making it smoother (it wasn't just project butter that smoothed it out).

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Check out post #202 in this thread. Also check 296, 297 for clarification.

The a2sd++ does not remove the a2sd script that Bobz has by default in the ROM. Before flashing anything, I would do the following;

Using 7zip, open the rom and navigate to system\etc\init.d and
and remove the a2sd and reloc scripts.

Copy rom to your sdcard

Boot in to your recovery and wipe everything then flash ROM, gapps then a2sd++.

Edit: I actually think the script is called mountext instead of a2sd.

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

jonny5449

AC Citizen
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The a2sd++ does not remove the a2sd script that Bobz has by default in the ROM. Before flashing anything, I would do the following;

Copy rom to your sdcard

A reason to leave cm9...
Thx bob for making this you make my phone great :D

Sent from my LG-LS670 using Tapatalk 2

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Potentially stupid question, but whatever...
Can I flash BobZ ROM, with Zakman's Gapps/GNOW/EARS and voice search .apk's? Will I screw things up if I try?

nerdmastax

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
i tried adb over network and even restarting with usb plugged in. no dice... but adb through the phones terminal works. so you could logcat to a file.

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

Copy rom to your sdcard

Exactly. I just realized that about five minutes after i posted that, ac changed their format. I don't see post numbers on the thread anymore. Now my answer seems snarky and obscure.

Edit: now I'm on my pc and there are post numbers. Now it's just snarky.

Last edited:

anon(793715)

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Can I flash BobZ ROM, with Zakman's Gapps/GNOW/EARS and voice search .apk's? Will I screw things up if I try?

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site

You should be fine flashing Zakman's Gapps. The only concern is the size of the GApps. Since the ROM itself is very large, there is limited space for additional system apps. It will not hurt to give it try.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
i tried adb over network and even restarting with usb plugged in. no dice... but adb through the phones terminal works. so you could logcat to a file.

Thanks! I've never done it that way before, but I'll look into how it's done soon. I just got another white screen on Gmail.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

needlez667

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issue's with phone calls?? Like the phone dialing when talking, or is this just me?? Also noticed that calls drop more often now, then they did with ICS 4.0.4 not sure what this is from if this is something being worked on then I'll disregard. And also I've noticed that since like android 2.3. and up we haven't had an activate.apk or a way to activate our phones through virgin mobile by the ##VIRGIN# (##847446#) code that you could activate and edit MDN and MSID. Is there a way to bring this back?? or at least the activate .apk file from virgin mobile as this did similar from what I remember.

Other then that I have to say thank you very much Bob for this great ROM... you've really out done yourself this time...

me2151

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had issue's with phone calls?? Like the phone dialing when talking, or is this just me?? Also noticed that calls drop more often now, then they did with ICS 4.0.4 not sure what this is from if this is something being worked on then I'll disregard. And also I've noticed that since like android 2.3. and up we haven't had an activate.apk or a way to activate our phones through virgin mobile by the ##VIRGIN# (##847446#) code that you could activate and edit MDN and MSID. Is there a way to bring this back?? or at least the activate .apk file from virgin mobile as this did similar from what I remember.

Other then that I have to say thank you very much Bob for this great ROM... you've really out done yourself this time...

When on a call does your screen turn off when phone is close to your face? Mine doesnt... the proximity sensor does nt work(im on the Opti S so that may be it.) the dropping calls are your face probably pushing the end button(had this happen alot today)...

DudeOfAwesome

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

Copy rom to your sdcard

Thank you for the quick reply. The a2sd script is called mountExt.
So I was wondering if I could just delete the files with a root file explorer, and this avoid having to do a complete reinstall. Would that work?

Thanks again :)

r0gu3dev1pr

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thank you for the quick reply. The a2sd script is called mountExt.
So I was wondering if I could just delete the files with a root file explorer, and this avoid having to do a complete reinstall. Would that work?

Thanks again :)

That should work as well. Just do a nandroid in case you don't like the results.

needlez667

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Got a question for Bob. Is your ROM compatible with superchargerV6 or is this a moot point and is already installed, or not able to work with JB?? Also can the same be said about turbocharger V3 ?? I only ask because if they are compatible and not already implemented I will test and give results if it works and if it makes a difference. Just not sure I wanna take the risk of doing it if its already done, or not even possible.

velvetvetfog82

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone got MMS working as of now? I have tried the Go SMS APN fix, but that seemed to have not worked.

My MMS is working with this build. I had one message say downloading and it didn't come through. I went ahead and deleted the message and 12 hours later at 3am the message came through but thats only problem I have had.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty