phone stuck in emergency mode

mastfire

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey, I need help with this problem. I accidently factory reset my phone then it went into a loop. But I tried sammiez unbricking tutorial and it locked into emergency mode where I can't get out of it.

andrewnelson23

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Unplug phone. pull battery. hold the power button for ~30 seconds. put the battery back in. GO INTO RECOVERY, NOT E-MODE. You don't need to use the unbrick method for this. You just need to flash a new recovery. If it gives you the stock Android recovery it means that the unbrick method was successful and you should be able to boot up. If it doesn't give anything, boot back into e-mode and then try the unbrick method again.

Anytime you get bootloops, 98% of the time, it can be fixed simply by flashing the COT recovery and using the stop bootloop option.

Xavier Woon

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I know this thread is old, but my s5 that got stuck in emergency revovery mode during a firmware update to unroot it via samsung kies. Is there any person out there willing to help me? I think i might go to a samsung service center and ask if they can help. If i am lucky they might miss the knox counter. Is my s5 bricked? I have the recovery code and when i connect my phone to kies 3 the loading percentage will be stuck at 0%.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I know this thread is old, but my s5 that got stuck in emergency revovery mode during a firmware update to unroot it via samsung kies. Is there any person out there willing to help me? I think i might go to a samsung service center and ask if they can help. If i am lucky they might miss the knox counter. Is my s5 bricked? I have the recovery code and when i connect my phone to kies 3 the loading percentage will be stuck at 0%.
you'll have to find an s5 forum, this is optimus v (lg) and the methods are different.