chcub1

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Im sorry to be making a thread out of this, but its my only phone ans i need badly. Ok earlier i made a 2gb ext from my 8gb sd card, i flashed pac rom from the kraven and flashed a INT2EXT from xda ill post a link and it took me like a million tries to get it to work everytime i tried the phone got really laggy and then froze i pulled the battery and when it booted up it was at the welcome screen so i flashed the rom again and it did the same thing happened but now it seemed like it was going to work but i couldnt download apps it said error 491 and solutions were to wipe dalvik cache so i did and my phone is stillbooting up an hour later

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Im sorry to be making a thread out of this, but its my only phone ans i need badly. Ok earlier i made a 2gb ext from my 8gb sd card, i flashed pac rom from the kraven and flashed a INT2EXT from xda ill post a link and it took me like a million tries to get it to work everytime i tried the phone got really laggy and then froze i pulled the battery and when it booted up it was at the welcome screen so i flashed the rom again and it did the same thing happened but now it seemed like it was going to work but i couldnt download apps it said error 491 and solutions were to wipe dalvik cache so i did and my phone is stillbooting up an hour later

Sent from my VM670 using Android Central Forums

Maybe you should try a more tested ROM. There are several GB ROMs like mirage or bobzhome, or theKraven's cm7 that don't require the trouble shooting that an alpha stage ROM like the pac ROM will.

You can use the app link2sd from the play store to take advantage of that sd-ext partition, and with a jb theme and the holo launcher and holo locker, any of those cm7 variants will look and feel a lot like jb.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
1. You can only use 20% of the actual usable space on the SD card for the partition.
2. SD ext apps and scripts need a 1-2 GB partition, with 2GB being optimal.
3. Most Gingerbread, ICS, and Jellybean ROMs for our phones use the ext.4 format. The others work with ext.3

If you have an 8GB SD card your partition should be no bigger than 1.5GB
If you used the ext.3 format and it didn't work you need to try the ext.4 format or vice-a-versa
Mini Tool Partition Wizard can change the format of the partition easily.

Download BootIt. It will fix any mistakes you make to the SD card when trying to format should they happen.
Note: Never use the erase/wipe option in Mini Tool or Utilities like it. It will Bork the SD card, then you will need to use BootIt for sure.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm! I'll have to dig thru the settings. Very interesting info indeed.

Edit: Sure enough. Thanks for info _alexkta.
Advanced section/Utilities/Partition Manager/Convert Partition. Options to convert to ext.3 or ext.4
Cool! I liiike It.
Learn something new everyday.
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa