Latest Most Stable ROMS

gener21839

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm just like you. Except I've had major experience here in the ROM game.

First off - BackSide is extremely outdated and no longer a recommendation. OV-KitKat here is currently the only KK ROM for OV.

Regarding other ROMs, the most stable GB is MiRaGe, the most stable ICS is PAC-ROM, and the most stable JB is SlimRom - SlimBean.

I'll be glad to guide you step by step in installing those ROMs and figuring out your ultimate best setup. Besides, I need the experience to add to my Android hacking portfolio.

PM me and we'll setup somewhere to talk.

I had trouble being certain of what I Googled as SlimRom - SlimBean was for my phone. I also have some concerns about ICS for VM670 (Optimus V) as I haven't heard anything about it ever having been stable in any way.

What I'd like to know is what is believed to be the most stable among each of those. I figure that the lower the version of android, the more stable as whatever is closest to Froyo would be closer to the original build; is this reasoning accurate? Are the Froyo ROMS the best for something like stablity?

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
There is only one KitKat ROM, but it is pretty stable. I would use the internal version with Toucan 4267's SD script.

For the most stable and safe to use Jellybean ROM go to the Optimus S forum and check out Bean_Whiz.
You will need at least an 8GB SD card to use it.
The SlimRom has one major drawback. It uses an SD ext script that automatically moves all downloaded apps to the SD card.
If you download a Terminal Emulator from the market (it doesn't come with one pre-installed), it will be moved to the SD card. This is very, very bad.
I have included a terminal emulator in Bean_Whiz.
If you try to install a recovery from a terminal that is linked to the SD card it will mess up your recovery partition so badly that only Fastboot commands will save it (asuming you have a ZV4 and not a ZV5 or ZV9).

I haven't seen I stable ICS ROM yet.

The most stable Gingerbread ROM is the MiRaGe.

The best Froyo ROM is the Resurrected Bumblebee.

The best ROM for are V is the MiRaGe, then Bean_Whiz, then KitKat.
The Froyo ROMs did have a security issue, but, keep one backed up on the SD card in case you need to use the activate app (Froyo Roms are the only ROMs with it).

Last edited:

AndyOpie150

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Xionia recovery for the Froyo ROMs
ClockworkMod Touchscreen recovery for Gingerbread, ICS, and Jellybean.
philz ClockworkMod recovery for bigsupersquids KitKat internal version.
TechVendetta's TWRP recovery for bigsupersquids KitKat external version.