[How-To] Root the LG Optimus V

fah1m

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
" And the file I have attached to this post. Download it, unzip it, and put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK."

Hello i am a new to this root thing, I was following ur instructions and i am a bit confused, "put the 2 files inside in your android\platform-tools folder created from installing the SDK." which 2 files are u referring to the Sun JDK and SuperOneClick v1.6.3, also I could not find SuperOneClick v1.6.3 on xda developer website, should download the latest version, which is 2.1.1

Please get back to me thanx

Hashshashin625

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
First thing first, I am new to rooting and performed my VERY first root on my Optimus V. I am glad to say that I managed to root my Optimus V all thanks to the great RevolutionRed. I rooted my phone, performed a backup with Titanium, and tried to install a ROM. I am not fully aware what I have done but I no longer have any access to the internet on my phone...Any ideas on how to methods to correct this error? I was thinking of restoring a backup from ROM Manager but it did not solve the problem. Thank you all in advance who is willing to offer assistance

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
you have to install or restore a froyo rom like stock or Harmonia or bumblebee and run activate app.
then you can reinstall the rom you want after that.

shootist

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm A total noob to Droid and the Op V. Got my phone at the end of August. Droid version 2.2.2

I have run Super one click about 100 time and I still get an error, FAILED.

Just how many time have people had to run SOC before they actually had it work.

I'd love to ROOT this phone but it seems futile.
Thanks

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm A total noob to Droid and the Op V. Got my phone at the end of August. Droid version 2.2.2

I have run Super one click about 100 time and I still get an error, FAILED.

Just how many time have people had to run SOC before they actually had it work.

I'd love to ROOT this phone but it seems futile.
Thanks

it worked for me the first time o_O

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Did you go to the oracle/sun website? it should detect your OS and offer you the correct version.
btw, if you just want to root, gingerbreak from xda works well.
if you need adb, you don't have to have or get the whole Android sdk, you can google around and find zipped downloads with just adb, fastboot,.and the .dll files needed to use those tools.
When I try to install the 64 bit version it says it is not a valid Win32 application. What do I do now ?

drfreeman

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm having several problems. First my computer keeps saying it can't install drivers, even though I have already installed them. Then I tried SuperOneClick, and it keeps saying (Not Responding). I would really like to root this phone, but my computer, for whatever reason, doesn't like my phone and won't connect to it ever.

SuperOneClick says Waiting for Device and then just stops responding.

VirginM

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Amazing. I spent nearly 2 hours trying this method and failed. Then I tried this: http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/111811-how-root-lg-optimus-v-2-2-2-a.html.
I took less than 10 minutes to root my optimus v phone ver. 2.2.2 in order to use "root explorer" to delete the accounts.db file so that i could reset the default google account without a factory reset. So yes, definitely use gingerbreak immediately if you have 2.2.2. Don't waste your time with the other method.

Arya_Argetlam

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
omg I LOVE YOU (in a non creepy fashion) I have DREAMED of rooting my phone and FINALLY after a bit of troubles with the cmd I finally have root! THANK YOU!:D

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
(After entering the next line, adb shell, you should have a "#" prompt, if instead you see "$", SuperOneClick has not been able to gain access to your phone. Go Back to step 3 and try again).
adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /system /system
exit
if you get an error, or your adb shell prompt is a $, you can't push to /system.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty