Devs! Give us some teasers!

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
To all the OV devs, what do you have in store for us fellow rooters(?) ? lol. What are in the works? Anything super duperly awesome? Sorry it's just we have some REALLY smart devs for such a low end device. So all I can really do is wonder whats coming up soon.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, Aphrodite is all but dead. I have nothing planned for it and no one seems to be using it, not that I mind, Harmonia (and Bumblebee for that matter) are better and are the direction I think we should be going.

IF I can fix the stability issues, Harmonia will be getting TWO signal fix and the power button mod, just as Bumblebee has, but so far I can't make it stable. I may never be able to, to be honest. I may also add built in ext2 support, but I'm iffy on that. If it wasn't so easy, I wouldn't.

Those are just evolutionary stuff, nothing spectacular. Truth be told, Aphrodite and Harmonia have never been anything special other than what Picasticks did for it. I always said I wasn't much of a developer and I meant it. There is also the fact that I feel like Harmonia may be drifting from the original concept. Granted my thoughts on all of this may change, but there is no denying the fact that I've been in way over my head from day one. So yeah, nothing much planned.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This is pure rumor, but there is talk at xda of aosp having something special cooking in his sauce. No mention of an eta. I'm hoping for 2.3.4 ;)

hyruu

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Well, Aphrodite is all but dead. I have nothing planned for it and no one seems to be using it, not that I mind, Harmonia (and Bumblebee for that matter) are better and are the direction I think we should be going.

IF I can fix the stability issues, Harmonia will be getting TWO signal fix and the power button mod, just as Bumblebee has, but so far I can't make it stable. I may never be able to, to be honest. I may also add built in ext2 support, but I'm iffy on that. If it wasn't so easy, I wouldn't.

Those are just evolutionary stuff, nothing spectacular. Truth be told, Aphrodite and Harmonia have never been anything special other than what Picasticks did for it. I always said I wasn't much of a developer and I meant it. There is also the fact that I feel like Harmonia may be drifting from the original concept. Granted my thoughts on all of this may change, but there is no denying the fact that I've been in way over my head from day one. So yeah, nothing much planned.

Your rom has been nothing but stable for me.

obijohn

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
As for Bumblebee, I do have some major changes coming. Well, "major" in a "behind the scenes" sense. I've learned a lot since I started on BB, and I decided it was time to go back to the beginning and build it fresh with everything I've learned. It will still be Froyo, but with many parts compiled from a fresh pull of the official Android source (everything that doesn't affect the LG proprietary parts), including binaries and libs. The kernel has gotten some recent love too, speed tweaks, revamped init.d support, etc.

As LeslieAnn said about her work, I'm trying not to veer too far from my original notion, which was having the smoothest Stock experience possible. Of course, with these new compiled apks, binaries and libs, it's not really "stock" anymore, but hopefully it will be something along the lines of "stock the way it should have been if I was on the LG team." :D

IF I can fix the stability issues, Harmonia will be getting TWO signal fix and the power button mod, just as Bumblebee has, but so far I can't make it stable. I may never be able to, to be honest.

PM me and I'll give you the details on fixing those stability issues.

Reactions: LeslieAnn

BiafraRepublic

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've been taking a break somewhat from MobiusROM to get my BLUEsphere kernel stable. Once I get that fixed, I plan on porting the wifi driver from Xionia to BLUEsphere as a hack solution for the wifi power consumption. After that, the next step is to integrate the new BLUEsphere kernel into MobiusROM, along with xtr50fix.apk to combat the 50% cell standby bug.

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Can't wait for Ice Cream Sandwich to be released. android hybrid from 2.3 and 3.0 suitable for phones and tablets.

Hopefully we get some kind of build of it around the time its released and not ages later. im sure it will run alright

Hoping ICS will get hacked to the OV too! By then tho we will prob already have different phones lol
I'm still dreaming of an Android desktop OS (chrome sucks)

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
have you tried the android x86 project? they have bootable versions of android you can run from a PC. I regularly check up on them and try out the newer versions. they are definately on to something big. if they can optimize it for trackpad navigation.

Google would overtake Microsoft & Apple in no time if they released a desktop OS. I'll look into this project. Would be nice to have an Android HTPC with Gtv & DVR features!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38