[TOOLS] ARM-compiled mkbootimg, unyaffs, and mkfs.yaffs2.arm

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I googled a while and gathered this trove.
major tools to dev right on the optimus or other similar ARM.chipped beast.

here's the collection. <link>
Contains: dump_image, mkbootimg, unyaffs, and mkfs.yaffs2.arm
I got mkfs.yaffs2.arm from <here>
unyaffs from <here> but I only have the unknown dev to thank for compiling it, still, thanks!
and the others were from the picasticks 07a zip, which picasticks might have mentioned koush's anykernel about? so, maybe thanks koush too if that was correct.
I was hoping someone else would enjoy these utilities as much as I'm about to, so I packaged them all in one place.
If I missed giving credit to anyone for something regarding these pretties, I apologize and will be happy to edit in your name.

also, sorry for cross-posting, but I wanted this in the right part of the forum to be easy to find.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
these utilities just took minutes, though.
kept me busy when I'd otherwise been bored while waiting on other people.
granted, any real compiling takes way too long.

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
and kernels take much less time to compile. Try compiling ics on it your looking at a few days at least.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
the android build system isn't set up to handle running on arm.
I hacked the capability into it somewhat to try building the emulator for ics, to run the armv7 image in arm-qemu on the optimus v, way back before source dropped for ics. It built (took a while) but the quemu version had a problem accessing drive images, so I never really got to test that particular built thing.

Reactions: sellers86

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
the android build system isn't set up to handle running on arm.
I hacked the capability into it somewhat to try building the emulator for ics, to run the armv7 image in arm-qemu on the optimus v, way back before source dropped for ics. It built (took a while) but the quemu version had a problem accessing drive images, so I never really got to test that particular built thing.

You just blew my mind. Like three times. Haha

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
You just blew my mind. Like three times. Haha

Squid has been doing that since I got my v 18 months ago. He sits there quietly then all of a sudden some random, crazy, amazing mod pops up out of nowhere and all I can say is WTF! Only a genius can think of these things

sent from my Nokia 5110

sellers86

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Squid has been doing that since I got my v 18 months ago. He sits there quietly then all of a sudden some random, crazy, amazing mod pops up out of nowhere and all I can say is WTF! Only a genius can think of these things

sent from my Nokia 5110

Yeah, that's why he is one of my inspirations :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95