[How To] Fix "Most" Boot Loop Issues Caused By Factory Reset

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If you flashed a recovery you can just boot into that and install a new rom, or if you made a backup before you bricked... which I highly doubt happened... you can restore it from recovery.
I recommend BACKside or Harmonia 2 roms, both are gingerbread;)

jamesd1085

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Ladies and gentlemen, I am at a loss...everytime my phone reboots, it cycles through the factory reset where it says (in yellow script) to not pull out the battery, formatting data, formatting cache, etc...

THE GOOD:

-I have jerryscripts BACKside IHO Cyanogenmod Rom flashed and it will load, though everytime I reboot, I start all over, but I can get to everything; market, file managers, terminal emulator

-I can access the phones through ADB

THE BAD:

-tried every method I've come across so far in the last 8hrs STRAIGHT!!! cannot get into fastboot to make any repairs that call for the 'blue screen'

-tried to flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd8, but the flash_eraseall file could not be found

-tried to flash the xionia recovery through terminal emulator with root access (which worked for me before when I was having problems rooting)

-ROMtools claimed to have flashed the xionia recovery, but when it rebooted, it simply went back through the factory reset and then loaded up BACKside IHO

I'm getting sick of going through the first boot setup on the rom, not to mention not being able to save anything I set up on it since it will be gone next time I reboot.

Is there any way to kill the factory recovery loop from the rom? ADB? Any way to push the right flash_eraseall file to where it needs to be to take out the /dev/mtd/mtd8 file that seemed to work for a couple other people?

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and have all the propoer LG drivers installed and functioning properly.

I also have two Clockwork backups on my sd card if there is a way to load one of those from the rom or adb. One is the stock Froyo build (rooted) and the other is my first setup for the BACKside IHO rom.

same issue...if you figure it out i need it here too

lumberjackegg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
i keep getting the same message when i use the command prompt " ___ is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file"
my phone keeps booting up into ClockworkMod Recovery. I don't know what to do. :(
help please!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You need to have the command prompt window using the same directory adb.exe is in. So if it's in C:/android-sdk/tools/

cd C:/android-sdk/tools
adb shell

lumberjackegg

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
okay i really need some help. I did a factory reset not knowing that i couldn't and then i tried to follow these steps and now i cant go back into clockworkmod recovery and my phone is stuck on the virgin mobile logo and it wont boot up. any advice on what i should do at this point?
p.s. i cant seem to use the command prompt for some reason.. any help would be nice

randroids

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'am the fustrated OV owner guy and I got to say it was HELL! If your going thru that ritenow I know your pain But, if you want help there's no one that (I've) talk too and I'd talked to quite a few people about this probelm But, he's the only one that solve the probelm for me THANKS "MMARZ" and those that tryed to help But, this guy solved it for me AWESOME!

Thanks MMARZ, I was in the same situation, thought It was time to buy new phone.
This is the only thing that worked from all the guides.

Indigolovek

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I am about to cry. My V has been bricked for 1 month it is stuck in clockwork mod 3.2.01 running Froyo 2.2.1. When i download Xionia Recovery it tells me installation aborted as i loaded it as a zip file, I have no money to buy a new phone and the kicker is i use a mac. with access to windows. Can this be fixed as ive read the threads but im not techically savvy as of yet, Any help that anyone can give me step by step id appreciate it. I also tried setting up adb but its not detecting my device unless i did that wrong. So please help me out.

flapjack.fiasco

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I am about to cry. My V has been bricked for 1 month it is stuck in clockwork mod 3.2.01 running Froyo 2.2.1. When i download Xionia Recovery it tells me installation aborted as i loaded it as a zip file, I have no money to buy a new phone and the kicker is i use a mac. with access to windows. Can this be fixed as ive read the threads but im not techically savvy as of yet, Any help that anyone can give me step by step id appreciate it. I also tried setting up adb but its not detecting my device unless i did that wrong. So please help me out.

Recovery images need to have an img file extension.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty