Let me hear if you want this phone!

nmb

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Small size, decent processor, great screen, unlocked for $379 street. I think I'm in love.

I'm currently rocking the Optimus T, but the limited app storage is a bummer. Now that we will have official CM on Sony Xperia devices and an option that isn't a pocket-busting piece of glass, someone else say you want this thing!

Mio_Ray

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I ordered today, receiving it tommorow. Finally there was a sensible sized phone with ecent specs and camera. The perfect combo for me. Will return with more when it has seen some hours of usage. :D

Mio_Ray

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
It is actually really nice. I have always been against Android but I find the system more coherent than I expected. The phone itself is fantastic. Just the right size, packing a lot of power and a great camera. All the good reviews are not just BS. :-D

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk

Reactions: o.n.i.x

o.n.i.x

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I would love to have this phone and I do want it really badly, but I want to be able to use it on 3G (or even 4G) on T-Mobile in the US. Even on data roaming on 3G it would be OK.

This also begs the question, ST18a or ST18i?
  • ST18a works on AT&T 3G (I think)... which means it should work on T-Mobile data roaming on 3G?
  • ST18i might be better for T-Mobile outright, due a better match on frequencies, but then it still might not do 3G.
Answers/thoughts beyond speculation would be ideal before I spend 400 US bucks.

Last edited:

davidht

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I've owned it for 3 weeks.

What I like the most is the general design and size (it's really thin) for such a powerful toy.

What I don't like it's that it doesn't feature a dedicated photo button. By the time I take the phone out of my pocket, unlock to camera and locate the screen button to take the shot, it's often too late.

Reactions: o.n.i.x

o.n.i.x

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I've owned the ST18a (Urushi) now for 4 months. Great. Just be careful about dropping it, corners get dented affecting the attachment of the back cover - it's design is awkward. After Sony's OTA update to version A.0.62, I unlocked the bootloader, rooted phone, and installed the latest CyanodenMod 7 ROM. I have lost the FM radio, but no big deal, but I've also been able to remove the Sony OEM branding and apps, and the phone boots up about 2x faster.

Check out these threads, assuming this is of interest:

Follow instructions carefully so you don't brick your awesome phone! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38